Chapter 4: The Names

Taylor's POV

Recap

As we leave his office, I scan through the lists of things that we needed to do and I say to Zach, "I hope there aren't that many students in the lists because there are a lot of things on this list."

He nods his head in response and we exchange the papers we had, and I start reading the list of students.

I scan through the lists and see the names that I wished weren't on the list...

Recap over

When I see the names that are on the lists, I tremble in fear remembering the things that they did to me on that particular day. I'm scared that they will embarrass me by telling my whole school about what happened on that day. I'm so lost in my thoughts that I don't hear Zach calling my name.

"Earth to Taylor?" Zach nudges me slightly on my shoulder.

I let out a shaky breath and look at him. "Yes?"

"Are you okay? You crumbled the paper and now I have to photocopy another page for you."

I look at the crumbled paper in my hand.

I fake a smile and say, "Yeah, I'm great. I'm just tired."

He places his hand on my shoulder and says, "Don't lie to me. I can see through your lies. What is it? Tell me."

I show him the list of the student names and point at "Melissa Baker", "Liam Johnson" and the other students who used to bully me.

I look down at my shoes and say, "These are the people I have mentioned to you all before."

Zach moves closer to me and says, "I know what they did to you was terrible, but it is time for you to move on. You are the strongest person I have ever met; don't let those people bring you down."

I feel a tear rolling down my cheek. "How can I move on? The scars that they left will forever remain in my heart."

He wipes away my tears and cups my cheeks with his large hands and says, "I will always protect you Tay, no matter what happens."

I hug him and mumble into his chest. "Thank you so much, Zach. Never have I ever seen you comforting someone like this before. You are always so closed off that sometimes I don't even know what you are thinking about."

He murmurs something under his breath, but I could not make up what he was saying.

He pulls apart and says, "Let's bring you home before your parents call me."

I laugh and say, "Okay."

We walk to his car and he opens the door for me like a gentleman and closes the door behind me.

After ten minutes, we finally reach my destination and I get out of the car. Zach steps out of the car and says, "See you tomorrow."

I walk to him and kiss him on his cheek and say, "Thank you for comforting me, Zach."

He smiles. "No problem and you better tell the others about it."

I walk away and raised my hand up and say, "I will; tomorrow in school."

Both of us say goodbye to each other and I head into my house and went straight to my room. I collapsed on my bed, exhausted, and immediately drifted off to sleep.

The next day in school, I'm in a classroom gathering all the manpower we need because we decide to make this epic and the best event ever.

Luckily, we have Charlotte to help us find people to help, including the people in the Student Council. We also offered them points if they were willing to help us which could be added to their GPA.