Chapter 6: Perfection

One week later (one day before the students arrive)

Taylor's POV

"Girls, give your best for the last 10 minutes and let's end this session with the outstanding performance," I shout, trying to motivate my team.

I start playing the music and all the girls take their places, counting every beat. This had to be perfect because Zach's football team had a match in a few days and we were scheduled to perform. It was also one of the events we had planned for the students coming to our school.

I focus and look carefully at each of the girls' steps to see whether there is any mistake and to my surprise, all their steps are perfectly timed.

I clap my hands loudly and say, "Great job girls! I am so proud of all of you! You all have been amazing this past week; learning a new routine in under 7 days is not easy and I'm pretty sure the audience is going to love it!

All the girls hug each other and clap for themselves as I say, "Hope you all are excited for the students coming tomorrow."

One of the girls, Lisa, says, "We sure are. We are looking forward to meet the boys."

I smile and say, "Ha-ha, hope one of them is your type. Anyway, I have good news. I have decided to treat you all at McDonald after our performance for the football competition!"

Everyone cheers and I smile looking at my team. They deserved it.

With that, I say goodbye to all of them and make my way to shower quickly and change into casual clothing. I had to meet up with everyone regarding the event tomorrow.

All of us have been extremely busy these few days, preparing everything and staying back some days to rehearse so we could make tomorrow's event a perfect day for the students.

I make my way to the hall to see that I was the last one there; everyone was already there, busy completing their respective tasks. I walk towards Zach and say, "Sorry for being late."

Zach shakes his head and says, "It's alright. Now let's focus on this."

I nod my head in agreement. Zach and I go through our checklist to see if everything is set up so that there would not be any mistake tomorrow.

I turn to Zach, "Should we ask Mr. Wilson to check if he is alright with everything so that we can do our last-minute changes?"

Zach says, "Sure. I will go get him."

I nod my head in response and look around the hall to check if we missed anything. Something caught my attention and I laugh while walking towards the lovely couple.

I walk to them and say, "Hey lovebirds, can we focus on prepping for tomorrow?"

The two of them pull apart and I see Krystal blushing furiously and hiding her face in Jayden's neck.

Jayden shrugs. "Sorry, best friend, I am too focused on my girlfriend and I got lost in her beauty."

I laugh. "Better finish everything up; Mr. Wilson is coming in any minute to check if everything is alright. If he sees the two of you doing your own business, God knows what he'll do."

Suddenly, I heard the door open behind me and I walk gracefully towards Mr. Wilson.

"Good afternoon, Mr. Wilson. What do you think of the preparation so far?"

Mr. Wilson smiles and says, "Excellent work, you two! I love the decoration. I knew you two would make this event perfect."

I smile and say, "Thank you. We really appreciate it. It's all thanks to the group of people we are working with."

He says, "Who is in-charge of picking up the students, teachers and principal from the airport tomorrow?"

Zach says, "Kayden and Jayden are picking them up."

He says, "Good. Please send them a message and tell them to make sure that they reach 30 minutes before their arrival time, in case there are any changes in the fight timings; let's not make them wait."

We nod our head in response and I pull out my phone to message the twins, to pass on Mr. Wilson's message.

I heard Zach say, "Do you want to look through the rehearsal from the start, Mr. Wilson?"

I put down my phone and saw him nodding his head in response and we direct him to a couple of chairs, so that we could all watch the rehearsal.

Once the last performance is done, Mr. Wilson suddenly stands up and claps his hands and says, "Amazing, amazing all of you!"

Some people whistle and some clap back. He says, "Good job everyone. Hope you can maintain this energy for the big day tomorrow."

Everyone cheers out loud and says in unison, "Yes, Mr. Wilson."

He looks at the both of us and says, "Well I guess I better go back to the office. See you all tomorrow."

We bow our head to him and watch him leave. When he left, everybody suddenly surround us, asking us if they could leave since it was already 5pm.

Zach says a final word, "Good job everyone. You all can go home now and please sleep early. See you all tomorrow."

Everyone slowly leaves except for Charlotte, Zach and me. Charlotte says to me, "Do you want me to drive you back home?"

I smile and say, "Zach is bringing me home since he is sleeping over at my house because my family isn't at home."

She says, "Wait! He is sleeping over at your house?"

Zach nods his head in response and Charlotte pulls me away from Zach and whispers in my ear, "Did you two have sex?"

I smack her shoulder and blush furiously and say, "We did not!"

She screams in pain because I hit her hard and she says, "Okay, you don't have to hit me!"

I apologize and she waves, "Okay then. See you two tomorrow!"

Zach then turns and looks at me and asks, "What did she say?"

"Erm... nothing important."

Zach looks at me intensely and raises his eyebrows. "You sure?"

I know that he knows I am lying but I just change the subject and say, "Yah. Let's just quickly go home and eat dinner. My stomach has been grumbling since we started the rehearsal. I need my energy to be refilled for tomorrow or else I am going to look like a hungry zombie."

Zach laughs and says, "Okay, I will cook dinner for the both of us."

I cheer excitedly, "Yay!"

Song 🎶: Delicate by Taylor Swift

So how will the event go tomorrow? Smoothly?

Remember to vote for this chapter by clicking on the star 🌟 button