Chapter 15: It Hurts Like Hell

Taylor's POV

Previously,

I'm so into my question in my mind, that in a flash Melissa pulls Zach's shirt and kisses him. I stand there, frozen till I lock eyes with Melissa, and she pulls apart, saying, "Oh Taylor, didn't see you there."

Zach looks behind and we immediately look at each other. The look on his face shows regret and something else that I cannot pinpoint. I feel a sharp pain in my heart, and I didn't realize I'm pulling at my clothing and tears roll down my face. Melissa gives me that idiotic smirk I hated so much, and I look away from her and look at Zach.

Zach looks like he wants to say something, and I put my hand up to signal him to keep quiet and say, "You don't have to explain anything. I don't care anymore."

With that, I run as fast as I can from the scene, feeling every pain in my heart. I'm somewhere outside my school far away, when I feel my phone vibrating and see that Zach is calling me. I power off my phone and put my phone back in my pocket. I walk around to clear my mind, but every step feels heavy as I remember what happened right there. Suddenly, there's a thunderstorm around me, and raindrops fall on me, but I couldn't care less about the rain while I'm suffering. I guess the weather agrees with me that I am just a crying bitch who cries over her ex-best friend kissing her best friend.

I walk around my neighborhood that I didn't know; I'm shivering due to the cold, still wearing my cheerleader uniform. I find myself standing in front of my house and before I could even click my house button, my mom opens the door, hugs me tightly, and asks, "Why are you drenched?"

I look up at mom with tears rolling down my cheeks once again and she looks at me with concern. "Who did this to my baby?"

I cried loudly till my dad appears right beside us and says, "Let's get you warmed up Taylor."

I pull apart and drag my heavy body to the living room and sit down while my dad goes to get a cloth for me to dry up. My mom switches on the heater in our living room and says to me, "You were supposed to be home one hour ago, so I called your phone, but your phone was switched off."

Dad comes over and passes me the cloth and I thank him and dry the wet area on my body. I answer mom's question, trying to come up with a lie and say, "I just had a bad day and I forgot to take my car and decided to walk home but it started raining heavily. My phone was dead, that's why I didn't know that I was out there for one hour. Sorry for worrying both of you."

Dad says, "Don't ever do that again. We were about to call the police but thankfully your mom saw you walking back from outside our window."

I nod my head in response and say, "I am tired. I'm just going to shower and sleep. I won't be down for dinner; I had a heavy lunch."

My mom says, "Ok, sweetheart. If you need anything just come to my room okay?"

I hug both of them and say, "Okay, I will."

I walk to my bathroom and take off my uniform and went to the shower to turn the water hose to hot water. I felt a little better when I felt the hot water touching my skin.

My mind is still blurry from the incident and what I wanted now was to stay far away from the two of them. But the problem is I can't run away from this feeling for Zach because I have been having this feeling ever since we got close.

After I'm done showering, I pick up my pajamas and put them on. I go to grab my phone on the table and put it to charge, switching it on.

I wait for a while and see 100s of messages and phone calls from that particular person, Zach. At the same time, I see some messages from my girlfriends as well as Liam. I decided to open my girl friend's chat first.

Charlotte, 07:30pm

Taylor? Girl? Where are you?

Ava, 07:30pm

Are you okay? What's wrong?

Emma, 07:31pm

We saw you running out of school....

Krystal, 07:32pm

The boys are worried too, especially Zach. He keeps on asking whether you are alright? Is there something wrong?

Me, 08:00pm

I am fine, thanks for asking.

Charlotte, 08:00pm
Are you sure?

Me, 08:01pm

Yah, just running a cold.

Ava, 08:01pm
Okay, take care!!

Emma, 08:01pm
See you tomorrow then!! Make sure to take some medication

(I laugh at this text because sometimes Emma can act like our mom.)

Me, 08:02pm

Yes, mum!!! Have fun, whatever you girls and boys are doing. Help me and tell the boys to have fun and make sure they don't get too drunk!

Krystal, 08:02pm

Yes, ma'am, we will. Miss you, see you tomorrow then!!!

Me, 08:03pm

(sent a face kiss emoji)

See you tomorrow ;)

I decide to text a short message to Liam and tell him to have fun celebrating and that I will see him tomorrow. I'm about to switch off my phone and head to bed when my phone rang and I see Zach calling me again. I decline the call and head back to bed to sleep, feeling the tears rolling down my cheeks again.

For now, I will just avoid him if I see him in school because I feel like the world is against me when it comes to anyone I love.

Song 🎶: All Too Well by Taylor Swift

Do you think she will escape her love for Zach forever?

Will Zach win her back???

Will Liam make a move on Taylor??

Comment you thoughts below here!!!

Do me a favour, and press the star ⭐️ button once you are done reading this chapter, thank you so much!!!