Chapter 11: The Party III

Taylor's POV

I see Liam leaning against the wall facing the bathroom that I was in, with his hands in his pockets while staring down at his feet looking like he was thinking about something without noticing my presence.

That was when I took my time to eye him closely on the clothing he had decided to wear today for the dinner & gala.  He wore a black suit which made him look fit, with a sharp look. It seemed like he had help while choosing the suit.

I feel nervous as if there were butterflies in my stomach when I felt myself becoming the old me who was in love with the guy in front of me. I realize that I was staring at him for quite some time that he, himself was still looking down, still unaware of my presence.

I decide to use this chance to move away without him knowing I was actually here. I walk away from him till I heard heavy footsteps behind me with him pulling at my wrists preventing me from walking further away. He uses this chance to step in front of me and ask, "Can we talk Taylor?"

I push my hand against him, moving his hand away from me. I look straight at him with a blank and emotionless look and say, "What do you want from me?  If you want to talk anything about school, you could just ask Grace since she is your appointed leader. If that is not the case, well, you need to find me some other time because I have a dinner & gala to attend."

He frowns and I raise my eyebrow waiting for him to tell me what was so important. He pulls me close by wrapping his hand at my wrists once again till we are only a few inches apart from each other. I could literally hear him breathing and I could also feel my heart beat, ringing loudly in my ears.

I look away from him knowing that I am blushing slightly. From the corner of my eyes, I see him scratching his head and he says, "I just wanted to ask how you have been for the past few years."

I laugh loudly at his question as I feel a tear rolling down my cheeks and wipe it away and compose myself. I point my finger at myself and say, "Me? I have never felt better before in my life. Since the day I left you and the rest in my past. So, to answer your stupid question, yes, I am great. Are you satisfied? Now can I go? You are wasting my precious time."

Just as I said those words, his face changes from anticipation to sorrow. His mouth was initially curved up with a smile but then in an instant, his smile slips and his eyelids droop.

He looks down at his hand avoiding eye contact while I was still looking at him with a blank expression waiting for him to say something. I could literally feel the tension in the air and decide to make a move. But I stop in my tracks when he says those words that bring back memories from that awful day.

"I saw the letter that you put in my birthday bag."

Suddenly, I was taken back to his birthday; that one day when I finally got enough courage to confess my feelings for him.

I was sitting on my chair wondering what to write on the card. I've been staring for quite some time but still have no idea what to write. I started out by writing happy birthday to him and I stopped when I didn't know how to continue.

I wanted to confess to him on this card because I had been hiding my feelings in my heart for a long time and I just wanted to give it a try; hopefully we could be together.

Someone knocked on my door and said, "It's me, Nora. Sis, can I come in?"

"Yeah sure." I said, looking at the door.

My sister opened the door with cookies in her hand. "Hope these cookies help you in whatever you need."

I sighed loudly. "I don't think so."