Chapter 17: You Wanna Talk, Then Talk

Taylor's POV

I look at him with a blank look and say, "You wanna talk, then talk. But before that, please take your hands away from me."

He looks at his arms and pulls away saying, "Ugh... sorry about that. I wasn't in my right mind."

I raise my eyebrow, "I don't care. Start talking quickly, or else I am going, I have somewhere to be."

He looks at me with his shiny blue eyes which I admire and love a lot and look away before I let my guard down.

He fidgets with his hands and says, "Melissa meant nothing to me. She was talking about some math homework and I was caught off guard when she suddenly grabbed my shirt and kissed me. I tried to pull away, but she was holding onto me so tight and before I could pull apart, she pulled away and called your name. When she called your name, I felt so guilty even though she was the one who started it. I am really sorry, Taylor, I should have pulled away sooner."

The words ring in my ear when I realise how wrong I was because I judged him without giving him a chance to explain.

All of a sudden, I feel angry and hit him hard on the chest, "You idiot! Why didn't you try harder to tell me?"

He grabs my hand tightly and pulls me to his chest, wrapping his hand around my waist. I relax, feeling his warm body against me and I couldn't help but inhale his cologne, which he should definitely use every day.

I wrap my arms around his body and wonder if I should confess my feelings for him. Then I feel him moving my chin up to look at his face and he looks worried and asks, "You okay?"

I sigh loudly and say to myself. 'You can do this!'

I pull apart from his embrace and say, "I have something I want to tell you. Please do not freak out."

He laughs, "Okay, I will not. I promise."

I look at him with love and say, "I.... I like you... As in like more than a friend."

He looks at me with a blank look and says, "I do not like you, Taylor."

My confidence crashes and a frown takes over my features. I'm about to cry when I hear those words.

I feel a tear roll down on my face and he wipes my tear with his hands and says, "I mean, I don't like you, but I love you, Taylor. I love your smile, your laugh and your pretty and cute face that I adore so much."

He wraps his arms around my waist, and I hid my face in his neck, inhaling his cologne and I say, "Never do that to me ever again, Zach. I will hate you forever."

He kisses my cheek and says, "You won't hate me forever because you can't resist my charm or the effect I have on you."

The school bell rings, and I say, "We need to go back to class."

He smirks, "We can skip class and do something else instead."

I twirl my hair. "Like what?"

He moves his lips close to my ear and whispers, "I can kiss your neck and lips until it's time to go home with you begging for more or I could give you hickey to show everyone that you belong to me. So, which one do you prefer?"

I blush feverishly and say, "None of those, for now. Let's go before we get detention."

He grabs my hand. "Then let's go."

Luckily, we make our way to class before Ms. Smith enters the class. My friends look at Zach and me suspiciously, seeing us together.

I sit next to Zach the whole lesson and boy, I could not even listen to class because the entire time I was either staring at Zach's face or talking to him.

I somehow manage to catch the last few minutes of the class, forcefully, trying not to think about the fact that Zach is right next to me.

It's the last class of the day and I pack my things into my bag when Zach turns to me, "Are you free tonight?"

I scratch my back and say, "I can't tonight. Liam is coming over to my house for dinner since my family is dying to see him before he goes back to his hometown tomorrow night."

He gives me a sad look but quickly brushes it off. "Okay then."

I lean in and whisper in his ear, "The only person that I am going to be thinking about while I am sleeping is you."

He smiles. "I wonder what exactly you are going to be thinking about."

I'm about to respond but just then Charlotte comes over. "Why are you two being so secretive?"

Zach and I look at each other and shake our heads. "Nothing. We were just talking about the homework that Ms. Smith is expecting us to finish by tomorrow."

Charlotte eyes me and says, "Okay. Anyway, Tay, are you free later? The girls and I were wondering if you want to go shopping since we need to prepare for our graduation party."

I give her a sad look and say, "I have a guest coming over to my house tonight. How about this weekend? We can ask the boys to come shopping with us too?"

She nods her head. "Great idea. Okay then I will tell the girls and Zach can tell the boys about it."

"Okay, cool," Zach says.

Charlotte turns to me. "Do you want a ride home, Tay?"

I shake my head. "I brought my car today."

"Okay, see you tomorrow then."

I say goodbye to them and head to my car, wondering what I should tell Liam tonight......

Song 🎶: Getaway Car by Taylor Swift

What do you think Taylor is going to tell Liam??

Are Zach and Taylor together officially??

Does her friends know that something is going on between her and Zach??

Click the star ⭐️ button below after you are done reading :) :)