Ch.2 : Why are we like this?

"Tooru, Hajime, and I....we're childhood friends..." My friends looked at me confusingly until they finally processed what I just said.

"WHAAAAAAAT?!" Atsuko and Mimi lunged at me in shock. I flinched for half a second before regaining my calm composure for their questions. 

"So...You're close to Iwaizumi-kun?" Atsuko stated first. 

"Akko...Do you like Hajime?" She blushed slightly, before playing with her black hair. Which, always indicated she was nervous or embarrassed about something.

"N-no! Why would I like someone as cool and serious as him...." She glanced downwards.

"Maybe because you're exactly like him?" 

"Besides that!" Mimi interjected, "What happened between you and Oikawa- kun? Why do you two hate each other?" Mimi looked at me longingly as she awaited an answer.

"Hm..... I-" I cut myself off trying to remember my deepest memories.

12 years ago....

I read a big banner that read "Happy 5th birthday (Y/N)-Chan!" Even though there weren't many kids there, there were still lots of presents. Yet, I wasn't happy on my birthday. I had recently moved away from all of my friends that I had. It was frustrating to say the least. I then heard my father say something in delight. 

"Ah Mr. Oikawa! And Mr. Iwaizumi!" I saw my father chatting with men around his age, with two little boys around them. "Please meet my daughter! (Y/N)-Chan!" I walked over to my father and made eye contact with the boy with dark chocolate eyes and light brown hair. The boy hid around his father's legs acting really shy, causing me to giggle. His father took notice of this and smiled at the two of us. 

"This is my son; Oikawa Tooru, but you can just call him Tooru-chan." The older man said.

"And this is my son; Iwaizumi Hajime, You can call him what ever you like." I looked at Hajime-san and he just gave a blank, nonchalant stare back with black spiky hair complimenting his face. My father nudged me to introduce myself.

"Hello, My name is (L/N) (Y/N), I look forward to becoming friends with the both of you!" I smiled to the both of them, causing them to loosen up a bit and smile back. I then saw a woman with beautiful brown hair walk up to us.

"Ah Mrs. Oikawa, pleasure to meet you." My father said.

"Ah, the pleasure is mine!" She looked down at me and smiled, " happy birthday (Y/N)-chan! What grade will you be going into after this?"

"Um...Kindergarden!" I shouted out in excitement.

"That's great! Tooru-chan and Iwaizumi-kun are starting kindergarden too! Which means you're the same age! Why don't you three go play in the backyard so that way us parents can talk about our neighborhood?" 

"Ok!" I was so entranced by this woman's beauty that I complied with whatever she said. The boys and I walked out to the garden to go play, but I didn't know anything about them. When we got out there, I heard Iwaizumi click his tounge in annoyance.

"Just so you know...We're not gonna be friends with a girl." He stated quite coldly for a kid. I puffed my cheeks in annoyance, not bothering to notice how Tooru-chan was hiding behind his best friend.

"Well, sorry! It's not like I can choose my gender!" I spouted out.

"G-guys...can we please not fight?" I heard Tooru whimper from behind Iwaizumi. He was kinda cute. Hajime just huffed in annoyance and tossed a volleyball to me. 

"Fine...let's just do a volleyball circle..." After that day, I always tagged along with them since I didn't know anyone else in the neighborhood. It was obvious I wasn't welcome because Hajime would always glare at me or try to convince me to leave. But whenever I left I saw Oikawa give a cute little close-eyed smile towards me, which encouraged me to keep trying to befriend Iwaizumi. When we started kindergarden though...is when we became best friends.

"(Y/N)-chan is that another stupid little kid's manga you're reading?" One of the girls in my class pulled it away. "Shugo chara, What kinda stupid name is that?" 

"It's nothing Maya... please just give it back..."

"Give her the book back!" I heard Tooru's voice boom throughout the room. He wasn't the same shy Tooru that I played with yesterday. No...He seemed more...confident. He ripped the book out of Maya's hands causing her to begin to cry. Hajime slowly followed after him. Tooru looked at me and smiled, causing my little self to blush. "Here you go..." He rubbed the nape of his neck and looked downwards to cover up his embarrassment.

"Eh...Thanks..." I smiled to him. Hajime then stepped in. 

"If anyone tries to hurt, or make fun of (Y/N)-chan then you'll have to get through me first!" Hajime shouted.

"Yeah!" Oikawa shortly followed up his statement. 

"You guys..." I began to feel tears stream down my cheeks. Oikawa grabbed my hand and tugged me out of the classroom. Hajime shortly trailed behind us again. After we got out of the classroom I tapped Tooru's shoulder. "Why'd you do that, Tooru?"

"Because you're our best friend!" Tooru smiled at me. 

present day

"Back in the day, Tooru was sweet, kind, and fun-loving, but now....he's changed...." I solemnly choked out of myself while looking down to the floor in sadness. My brunette friend finally spoke up.

"Ah, it's ok! You're fine!" Mimi said, patting my back. I jolted my head up and smiled.

"Well, I'll just go get the soccer balls from the gym supply room for practice!" I spun around on my heel and waved to them as I ran off. Tooru and Hajime were really important to me while I was growing up. Still...what Tooru did to me was unacceptable, friends shouldn't be like that. He hurt me in middle school, and to this day he still hurts me. 

I turned the corner to go into the gymnasium and head into the supply room when I saw Tooru and Hajime talking. I quickly spun in the opposite direction to avoid being noticed. 

"Why'd you do that to her?" I heard hajime speak up. 

"Do what? It's not my fault that she overreacted..." Tooru said in a pouty tone, followed with Hajime's sigh. 

"You know you instigated that fight; what about the promise we made in primary school?! We promised to never hurt each other!" Hajime began to raise his voice at Tooru. It was obvious they were talking about me. 

"Iwa-chan...just shut up about it! I don't want to hear her stupid voice, or look at her stupid face!" Tooru raised his voice back at Hajime. "She...ever since middle school she...." At this point I was fed up with it and revealed my presence to them. I didn't even care about the tears streaming down from my eyes, or my runny nose. 

"FUCK YOU TOORU!" I screamed causing them to both be shocked.

"(Y/N)....you're crying..." Tooru's voice was really shaky, as if he was upset about me hearing them.

"Yeah! So What?! Just because I haven't since middle school in front of you doesn't mean I can't cry at all!" I walked up to him and slapped him. "I don't want to look at your fucked up face again! I hate you!" I ran out of the gym and slammed the sliding doors behind me, leaving the two in shock.