Ch.4: Don't speak

Once we got to Tooru's house, I started to have a few regrets about our deal. What about Mimi...? She's had a crush on him since she first laid eyes on Tooru...

"(Y/N), is something wrong?" He said as he unlocked the doors to his house. And then I realized...I would have to see Mrs. Oikawa again...

"Oh shit..."

"Hm..?" Oikawa gave me a confused look and then chuckled. "Don't worry, my parents are out of town at the moment..." Oikawa said in a slightly neglected tone, but I didn't care to notice as I felt some weight come off my shoulders.

"Oh thank goodness..." I said as I plopped down on the couch.

"Is my mom really that bad?" He gave a slight frown.

"No...I've always loved your mom, but I haven't seen her ever since we broke  up." I took a deep breath, "I'm just afraid it'll be awkward.." Oikawa came over to the couch and sat by me.

"Yeah..she always badgers me about why I broke up with you.." he chuckled slightly.

"Well...even I don't know why you broke up with me." I gave a slight glare, which he returned with a puzzled look.

"What the hell are you talking about? You knew everything! I hate it when you play these stupid games with me! He shouted defensively.

"Stupid games? Do you really think I'm that manipulative?! You were the one who ended our relationship! You burned our bridges; not me!" I shouted back.

"You're so delusional (Y/N)..." I whipped my head to the opposite direction as I gripped the tight fabric of the couch firmly. The air was filled with hostility as we both pouted on our sides of the couch.

"This isn't the time to be talking about that...right now we should probably come up with a game plan about this fake relationship of ours..." I dejectedly sighed.

"You were the one who brought it up the other topic first...you never know when to apologize do you?" He continued to pout childishly.

"What the fu-" I stopped myself from exploding on him and took a deep breath. "I'm not gonna let you gaslight me Oikawa..." he turned red from anger and glared at me.

"Fine, be a bitch." He huffed and stood up. I decided to ignore his comment. At this rate, we aren't getting anywhere...

"Anyway...I've decided that we can't tell anybody besides 3 people." He gave me another confused look.

"Why are we going to tell anybody at all?"

"Well, they're people I trust..." he crossed his arms in defiance but he let me continue. "The first two are my friends; Nino Mimi and Hoshido Atsuko."

(A/N: In Japan they pronounce names from last name to first name. I forgot about this in my first chapter. Also, when you're unfamiliar with someone in japan you call them by their last name, but if you're close with them you call them by their first.)

"Why do we need to tell them in the first place?"

"Because, Mimi has a crush on you and it'd hurt her if her friend suddenly started dating her crush. And Atsuko can give me some sagely advice." Tooru sighed and let me continue. "And the last one is Iwaizumi Hajime, since we can't really hide anything from him."

Oikawa nodded in agreement.

"Next rule...I refuse to make out with you in private. I'll only do it in public to make a scene."

"Don't worry, no one would want to touch you willingly." I narrowed my eyes at his snarky comment.

"Well, then I guess we should've never became friends in the first place." This caused Tooru to shut up immediately. I saw a glimpse of sadness in his eyes, which made me feel a bit of satisfaction. I'm such a spiteful person...

"Don't say that.." he spoke quietly, "even though we had a rough ending I still don't regret becoming your friend." He looked in my eyes and I started to feel emotional all of a sudden.

"Tch...you've lost all right to call me a friend.." I felt my eyes begin to water slightly, but I blinked the tears away. I refuse to cry in front of him.

"I wish we just stayed friends...dating you ruined our friendship.." Those words cut my heart into pieces. I felt a sudden rush of pain in the very depths of my soul.

"No..you ruined our friendship.." I spoke quietly as I felt my lip quiver and my eyes puffing. But I held it together. I looked him straight in the eyes with my poker face. "I think we should stop here...my mom is probably worried about when I'll get home." I quickly left the kitchen we were standing in, not leaving him anytime to respond, and ran across the street into my house.

Once I entered, I collapsed on the floor, weeping. I felt so much pain..I thought I was over him, but hearing those words are resurfacing old feelings. The feelings I had when we initially broke up. I don't know why I decided to torture myself with this, but I guess I thought that we could make amends. But now I see how wrong I was...and how stupid I am... I honestly cannot wait until this whole ordeal is over so that why I can kiss his sorry ass goodbye.