Ch 5: Resurfacing feelings

I held my chest tightly, as I sobbed from the pain in my chest. As much as I can say that words could never hurt me, I can't change the fact that what he said hurt like a bitch. Luckily my mother went out with my dad for a week to America.

"I need to get over him...we can never go back to how we used to be." Even though I was saying those words, I didn't want to acknowledge it in my heart. I wanted us to be friends again and to move on. I quickly got up from the door way and went inside my room to strip down to my underwear and grab some ice cream.

I plopped down onto the couch and eventually fell asleep there.

October 14, 8:00 A.M

"H-huh...?" I rose up from the couch and rubbed my eyes gently and looked over to the clock. 'Eight...'  I thought to myself, wait... doesn't school start at 8:15?!

"SHIT!" I quickly got dressed and ran out the door speeding my way towards the train station. Just as I got there; I saw the doors were still open and rushed towards it, but it closed just before I got there in time. I had my nose pressed up against the door and watched the train take off.

"Just my luck..." I heard a boy who sounded familiar next to me. I turned to look at him and I was met with chocolate brown eyes.

"..." he stared at me in silence for a few seconds.

"EH?!" we both shouted simultaneously.

"What the hell are you doing here!?"

"I could ask the same think Trashykawa! Maybe you're stalking me!"

"Pfft, please I would rather stalk 10's than 5's!" I gritted my teeth together and huffed in annoyance. We both beelined toward the same bench and pouted individually on each side. I decided to pull out my phone, coincidentally at the same time as Oikawa, then we decided to place it back.

"Stop copying me!" We shouted at each other. I sighed and turned towards him.

"Sorry.." I looked down at the ground bashfully. He blankly stared at me for the next few seconds. "Well, aren't you gonna say something?!"

"H-huh? Sorry, I got distracted..." We sat there for a few moments in awkward silence.

"Tch, just forget it..." I felt like crying again. Back in the day, when I felt like crying; he would let me cuddle into his shoulder and ball my eyes out. "I just wish you would love me again..."

"W-wait, what did you just say."

" I said, I wish you wouldn't be so God damn stupid!"

He rolled his eyes, and got up since the next train was here. I swiftly followed after and sat on the opposite side of the train.

I don't know why I said that out loud, or why I even think those things. I'm not acting like myself this morning; I need to get a grip.

We eventually arrived at our stop and raced to school. We both panted, out of breath, and went into our respective classrooms.

"(Y/N)! Where were you?" Mimi shouted, "First period just ended, y'know?"

"Yah well, I had a pretty emotional night and a super shitty morning, so I'm not really in the mood for this."

"Hm, lemme guess... It was Oikawa-kun again?" Atsuko looked up from the book she was reading. I just simply nodded. Atsuko and Mimi know that Oikawa and I have a lot of run-ins with each other; they never knew why until recently, but they never asked. "By the way, did you do the biology homework yet?" Atsuko said when she after she turned back to her book.

"Ha.. can I copy you Atsuko?" I asked pleadingly. She just nodded, and acted as if she expected this outcome. The day moved slowly, until it was finally lunch. I knew that I had to tell Mimi and Atsuko about last night. But, part of me didn't want to. I felt like they would look down on me or disagree with my decision to help Tooru. Just as I was about to do the deed, I felt someone's eyes glaring at the back of my skull. I swiftly turned around, and made eye contact with Tooru. Clearly he was asking me to sit with him.

"Mimi, Atsuko." They looked back at me, clearly confused by my serious tone. This whole time I continued to never break eye contact with Tooru. "Oikawa asked me to be his fake girlfriend to get his Ex back, so I'm going to him." I could tell that they didn't even know how to react before I hastily beelined towards Oikawa. It felt as if the world was going in slow motion as I made my way to his table. Iwaizumi was sitting across from Tooru, unsuspecting of what was happening. Everyone in the Cafeteria area seemed to notice my determination at something. Once I got there, I placed my hands on Toorus face and pulled myself down; locking our lips together.

"Mph!" He made a slight noise, as he quickly relaxed into the kiss. At this point, we had gained everyone's attention, shock, and confusion. When I broke the kiss, I saw how bright red Tooru's face was. I was still hunched over and standing, while Oikawa was sitting. We both stared in each other's eyes, as I was still holding his face in place.

"AHEM!" Hajime shouted out. I quickly let go of Oikawa's face, and sat down. At this point, everyone started gossiping about what just happened. Even if Maya isn't here, word still travels fast.