The Truth

WARNING UNEDITED!

"Goodbye everyone!" Conny waved goodbye and I just can't help but tear up. She is such a lovely child. She picked up her suitcase and I ran instantly at her sobbing.

"G-goodbye Conny, be well," I said between cries and she just pat my head in reassurance and gave a sad smile.

"I'll be okay y/n, please alway take care." I hugged her tightly once more. Conny looked around and smiled at everyone. "I'll write everyday everyone so don't worry!" She said as emma teared up and Don straight up crying, some said 'we're happy for you' and I just can't control my feelings. They finally left and the door shuts closed, but to me it felt like my heart just broke.

"Hey it'll be fine y/n, she'll live on with her new family and follow her dreams." Norman drew circles on my back comforting me.

"Conny will be very happy but of course she will not forget us." Emma said.

But something caught my eyes and immediately reached for it.

"What was Conny thinking!?" Emma freaked out, she knows how important this bunny is and I held it tight.

"If you leave now, you might catch up with them." I heard Ray. "The light hasn't disappeared yet, they aren't that far." I nodded and run outside and reached the gate with norman.

We stopped and think, Will we continue? We're going to get in trouble. But she loved this so much. I looked at Norman.

"Let's get in trouble later, together." He smiled at me and I nodded in response.

When we went in I saw a truck. Norman went to the side to see if Conny and Mama is still there.

The truck is covered, so I brushed it slowly and took a peek.

No.

My grip on the bunny was loosen and I drop it, my whole body is shaking and my eyes widen in shock.

"Norman.." I whispered and he came to look.

No. This is not real, no.

There lies Conny's body covered in blood with a flower struck on her chest. I covered my mouth to refrain me of making a noise. Norman was as shocked as me.

Click

Click

"Is someone there." We hid in time as soon as I heard footsteps.

"Did you hear voices just now?" I heard a voice, an adult?

"Probably your imagination." The other one answered.

"If it was a stray cat I would have caught it to eat."

"Ugh you eat cats?" I took a peak at the voice.

What? What?

Nobody eat cats.

So I decided to take a peak of the people that are talking.

No they are not people, what I see is something hideous. I was horrified by how they picked up Conny's dead body and put it in a container. What are they?

Monsters? No, demons.

Conny is dead and they killed Conny.

***

We ran and ran. I can hear every contact of our foot in the grass and how heavy this steps are. Tear streaming down my face.

What is happening!?

Monsters? Farm? Mama? Conny? Us food?

No, this must be a dream.

We reached the door and went inside.

"How did it go?"

Norman manage to answer. "We didn't make it." I'm biting my lips to stop from crying. I ran upstairs and Emma welcomed me.

"Did you guys made it?" Emma said energetically as usual. I just stare at her prepared to cry and tell everything but still too terrified to say a thing, her head is tilted slightly in confusion. "Hey?"

A hand was placed on top of my head.

"We didn't make it, too bad." Norman had a smile on his face. He's hiding it well. "y/n was getting emotional again because we didn't get to give it to Conny."

Emma's face soften and came to hugged me. "Aw poor y/n, Conny is already in good hands." No Emma, she's dead is what I want to say to her, I just faced her and smiled.

Norman dragged me. "Come y/n, you're tired already."

"Yes go to bed, I still need to do chores." Emma also said.

As soon as no people can see us, I ran to Norman and hugged him tightly. My tears are uncontrollable.

"Norman what is all of this, why?!" He just hugged me back tightly and caressed my hair. "Demons are supposed to be part of our imagination right? A-and Mama, s-she was so gentle and kind so why Norman!?" I started to shake violently.

"Let's escape y/n I'm sure me, ray and yo—"

"What do I do Norman? If I don't anything, you, Ray and everyone will die and be ship out!" I cried. My heart is broken in so much pieces. Conny, those sweet smiles, why? "I don't want everyone to die!"

"Shh calm down, I can think of a plan." He shushed me and looked me in the eye. "Let's escape with everyone. His soft fingers stroke under my eyes, wiping my tears. He left and went to bed after I stopped crying.

I am staring at the ceiling feeling nothing but despair. All this time, all this time I believed that they are living a good life, that everyone has a smile on their faces with a great future ahead. Everything is a lie.

It hurts, it hurts.

Tears are forming in my eyes again.