Would they be happy?

*Ray's POV*

We all bowed our heads and thank for the food in our table. As we all started eating Mama suddenly rang the bell.

"Sorry to disturb your meal my lovely children, but I have an announcement to make." She went outside and when she came back I saw her dragging someone softly.

As I caught a glimpse, I saw someone beautiful, her blond hair flows as Mama held her hand. "Everyone, this is y/n." She looked at the surrounding with those mesmerising blue eyes and bows.

"Hello everyone, nice to meet you all." She said shyly as she put a hair back at her ears. Watching her, I can't believe that my eyes is locked at her.

What is this feeling?

***

"Norman, Ray and Emma." Mama said as she observe the paper she's holding. "You guys got a perfect score again, congratulations!" Mama smiled and everyone cheered.

"Dammit Ray you got perfect score again! I challenge you!" Everyone laughed at the ridiculous challenging of Don.

"And y/n." Mama faced y/n which doesn't seem to care at her surrounding. "Work harder." Y/n looked down but no emotion is seen. She made eye contact with Mama and smiled.

"Don't worry Mama I'll do my best next time!" She said and Mama just nodded.

"Okay children, you can now play outside."

Before I went outside and go to the usual spot I felt a tap from Norman.

"I don't know Ray but..." Norman seems anxious. "Y/n, she purposely went for the wrong answer." I was shocked, she would have perfected it! She even caught Norman's attention and made him feel intimidated?

As I went outside I saw the tree is occupied. She stares blankly at the children running around.

Why is she so much like me?

I sat beside her and red my book. Her eyes seems to be interested by what I'm reading.

"Did you know Ray.." I met her eyes, the situation has been switch and now I'm interested at her. "These children will die." The wind blows as she smile brightly as the sun hitting her face, a hint of sadness is seen. "Just like everyone else." I looked up at the swaying leaves, for some reason it made me happy.

That not only me knows that.

She held my hand and pulled me away. She kept running in the forest as I followed her. She stopped at the low gates and didn't say anything. She turned around slowly to face me and said. "Ray, would you like to escape?"

I nodded in response.

"I don't." What? She wants to stay despite knowing? "It's a pleasure meeting you Ray." Again, her smile, it's something that I don't deserve.

***
The night came and I was to go at Mama's room for daily report as a spy. I opened the door slowly, trying not to wake up the other kids. Walking at the hallway, I stopped at Mama's office.

I was about to grab the doorknob when I realized it's already open, I simply just pushed it.

Instead of Mama's usual fake smile to welcome me.

It's was a satisfied smile.

A smile imprinted on her lips as well as her eyes, this smile...

It's formed to the already detached head of Mama, blood dripping non stop as the hair is being held by a fair hand. I looked at the killer.

The moonlight falls in her as the knife on her right hand reflects it. She has a smile, both sad and happy.

"Y/n."

"Hello Ray." She dropped the knife and held Mama's head with two hands making it face her. "Would they be happy?" She stroked the soaked hair in blood slowly. "I killed Mama, although it's not the Mama that killed them but still!" She talks so innocently even though she already committed a murder.

"I didn't expect this expression in her though, why is she happy!?" Tears started to fall on her eyes while keeping a smiling face. "She should feel despair!" She fell on her knees and picked the knife up again, continuously stabbing the head. I can't do anything but froze there, the thought her doing what she is doing in front of my eyes, my whole reaction is frozen completely.

She stopped.

Straight and deadly, she looked at me.

"Goodbye Ray." She picked the knife once more. "I'm coming guys don't you worry." She stabbed straight to her heart.

Tears fell once more in her eye, as well as in mine.