A New Beginning

Mia

     After hours of exploring the place, I found what seemed to be the main door out of this hell.
    When I opened it, I came to a complete stop from bumping into an older man. "Hahaaaa... no! No!.." I screamed as if my body was on fire, I could feel myself going into shock.

"Oh no! oh no!...Not again!" I kept shaking my head.

"Por favor! Paré!!" (Please stop)

"I don't... Uh...speak Spanish..." I cried.

"Ahí Dios mío!" (Oh my God) the older man said and  pulled on his hair while looking up at the sky. "Como se dice..." (how do you say...)
He turned to look at me " ah si! Yes!!! uhh... please stop screaming!" He finally said with a frustrated expression and shaking me from my upper arms. "I'm not going to hurt you!" The man continued telling me with an accent. I could see how frustrated he felt Truro speak to me in English, while he now shook me by holding my shoulders, as if I was some kind of doll but it actually helped me react and listen to what he was trying to explain to me.

   As I was able to stop screaming, he finally let go of me. For some reason I had a feeling I could trust him.

"Who are you? Can you please help me? I don't remember how or why I am here?"  asked him pulling him by his shirt.

    He looked at me with a weird expression, he took his cellphone out and began talking to someone.

"Patron, si eh miré estoy en su propiedad pero, tenemos un pequeño problema." (Boss yes, I'm here at your property... but we have a little problem.)

    I didn't understand much of what he was saying, he was talking way too fast for my little Spanish I had learned in school. But, it seemed he was having an argument with whoever he had just dialed.                         
      He talked on the phone, angrily for at least half hour. After ending the call, he looked upset for some reason, it made me more confused.
     I begin to wonder if he was going to be able to help me out of here. Every time I tried to concentrate and remember who I was, I ended having a bad headache.

"You will come with me, my boss is the owner of this property, bad men took over it... one of these men's rival groups came last week and did all of this mess" He says, with concern in his eyes.

     A week ago!? Now, I wondered just how I had stayed unconscious for so many days. I understand the concern in his eyes, because I don't think he regularly went into houses and found the mess he just found here. Still I feel uncertain if I'm making a worse mistake by trusting this complete stranger.

"We need to move quickly, I didn't think I would find anybody alive. If there's any of those bad men around the property, and if they see you, they might think you have information about them. And we might be at risk" He said with concern in his voice.

I couldn't move. Should I and could I trust him? As I really didn't have any other option. I went ahead and did just that.

"Come on, we need to go now!" He says with a command tone.

    I wondered if my body was still in shock. Some how my legs started moving, He quickly opened the door to his SUV for me to begin climbing inside. Our entire ride was quiet, which I was thankful for since I still had a bad headache.

     We passed through a dessert and some big lands, and mountains until we reached a beautiful looking house, no... it was too huge to be a house. This was a mansion! I could see that the backyard was the ocean.

Suddenly, I had images of a resort, and me running towards the ocean, laughters... I also remember swimming with a girl... and having fun!.

"Ughhh.." My headache started getting worse. If I could just remember something without causing me such pain.