Troubled

Samuel

My life was always the same routine. Travel, work, women,  more work, and more travel. Which I found nothing wrong with it. It was all perfect for me.

       Closing some last minute deals and I received a phone call from Francisco, my most trusted employee. I had sent him to check on a couple of properties that we recently acquired. We had to go and take a look after receiving some information that there was some illegal activity going on.

     Waiting for him all day, he called and mentioned that the property was empty and safe to begin the projects I had planned... also asking for me to wait for him because we now had a problem... I knew there was some human trafficking organizations near by, but not much could be done. As they are all well connected and quickly move from place to place before getting caught.

There's a knock on my office door. "Come in" I say.

"Patron..." (Boss)  Francisco says walking inside my office. Catching my attention quickly. Knowing him since I was a little kid, he never calls me boss unless there's a real problem.

"At the property... there was this girl and I couldn't just leave her there. So she's here now. I think we should have Marcus check her and see if we can help her out."

"A girl? A little girl?" I ask.

"Well... she's not little. Uhh... I couldn't just abandon her there. Plus what if they came back for her?"

"So she's not little? And if she's not, why couldn't you just take her to the near by town?" I was becoming extremely irritated.

"That wouldn't change our involvement! Samuel, as soon as I found her... we became involved."

"God damn it!"

"Think about it Samuel, as soon as I found her... that was it. We're already involved."

       I couldn't believe it, everyday we took a new risks, by buying and selling lands. I wanted to  understand why Francisco, my right hand man for many years and before mine my fathers would bring such trouble into our home.

" I don't understand Francisco what were you thinking bringing that girl here, we can't protect her! Now we are in as much danger as she is!" He was just quietly listening to me roar with anger.

" Samuel, I understand your point of view but she was there in that property of yours, with no one to help her. They might not even know she's missing, they might not even have been looking for her since everyone was eliminated."

        He was angry or really concerned. I couldn't really decide which one. I could see the possibilities, of what he was saying. Still, we had to be cautious, these people, they don't play around. They have powerful connections. Not just people with money but people involved with the government. How messed up is that, we can't even trust the government right? Well they go beyond this country, they're a global human trafficking organization. And that's I can't think of. All the danger we might now all be in.

" What if they had a good count of how many they had? They will notice her missing this business is not new to them and they are smart!" I could see all the things that could go wrong. If I continued thinking about all the different issues, If I could get her out of the country... but I knew better and we had to wait for things to cool down.

" We can only hope she will gain her memory back, so that we can help her reunite with her family," He quickly stands up irritated with me. "Did you stop and had any consideration of them? What a hard time they must be having looking for their daughter,sister,friend?" He was trying to convince me.

I could totally agree I'm not heartless regardless of what many if not all of my employees might think.

"As soon as she's well, she's out of here."

This situation was starting to be a real headache.

——— ———- ——- ——-

I hope you guys are enjoying the story so far!

Love, E =)