New Cage

Mia

       Once again, I get left alone in the living area as doctor Marcus and Francisco walk back inside the handsome bosses office to discuss my diagnosis.
      As I become tired of sitting and waiting for them, I decide to walk outside to the large lounge area, which has a bar and a huge swimming pool all in the backyard.
      If it was my mansion, I would never have any use for that poor swimming pool, with the ocean been just a couple of steps away... I would swim and try to learn how to surf. I wondered if I knew how to surf...

Ohh!... rich people and their luxuries!

      More questions came to mind... if I was rich or what or how my life was like before I was kidnapped. I still only remembered my parents and my sister, but not much information to help us find them.

      After what seemed an eternity, I decided to walk towards the boss's office. Before I made it all the way there, Francisco walked out and asked me to join them.
     Walking inside I get offered a seat in one of the office chairs in front of the bosses desk.
Quickly Doctor Marcus begins to explain, what he thought was my issues.

"So... I think, our friend is suffering from a severe trauma, and that's the main reason... why you can't remember anything that took place before it." He continues to explain while looking directly at me... "Your ears suffered from the explosions, of course since you where so near to them," He looks at me with concern, and while Francisco gives me a little encouraging smile. I glanced towards the boss, who is currently with an impassive expression. " While I understand how frustrated you might feel, which is totally understandable due to your current situation... I think your hearing will be okay, your ear drums just need some time to heal. Your memories should also start coming back, hopefully soon." He says and adds a charming smile at me.

For some reason I had a feeling that the boss, was not to happy with the news. With everything he had said to me earlier, I was certain he wanted me gone ASAP.

"Do you have any questions?" Doctor Marcus asked.

" I... Uh... how long should it take for my memory to completely come back?"

"Unfortunately, there's no way of telling. It's a process. But I think now that you're out of that stressful situation, the healing will begin. I will give you a prescription for some migraine medication, and that should also help."

" Oh ok." Is all I had to said.

" As I mentioned to you... before Marcus had a chance to examine you, for security reasons the best choice we have is for you not to go out of the house," The boss informs me, as he stands and continues to speak while collecting some papers from his desk and walking towards the door. "Also, it would be best for you, to keep yourself away from my employees. The only ones who know who you really are... is us three, and for everyone's safety it's best to keep it that way."

      I didn't know what to do, or what to say. I understand why he would want to take all the precautions to not get anyone else involved in my mess. But, still... I felt too out of place and unwelcome to stay here any longer.

" Actually, If you could please help me, I can go anywhere. I don't want to be a problem for you or anyone else."

     As I finished speaking, he walked back to his desk and sat back down. For the first time since I had met him, he had a weird expression, but switched it before I could tell what it was.

"I'm sorry, I thought I made it clear, and simple for you, or maybe with all the injuries you suffered you can't comprehend. So, let me rectify it," He takes a couple of deep breaths. "You can't, and will not leave this place. Not until it is safe for us, our families, and you,"

     All I could do was blink. Now he actually reminded me of the beast from 'Beauty and The Beast'. Of course this wasn't a fairy tale but a complete nightmare.

"As I explained, I know you don't remember but these people... they are not going to come and collect you. If they find you, they will kill you and anyone or everyone they think you gave any kind of information to."

     I think I might have forgotten how to breath and skipped a couple of heart beats as well.

Could I trust them? Is it possible that they would want to try and take advantage of my situation and keep me hostage?

" I... I... I think I'm starting to regain some memories... I remember the loud explosions, some women crying, and screams. I think it shouldn't be long and I can go back to my life, and I'm so sorry, I don't want anyone to be harmed because of me." I felt so frustrated.

      He had a frustrated expression as well. He once again got up, and began to walk towards the door.

"Francisco will take you to your room for now. He will be in charge of any necessities you may have. If there's any kind of updates, he will let you know," Suddenly he gets up and starts to walk out of his office.

      Before reaching the door he continues. "I'm so sorry that you are going through this. I truly hope your memory comes back soon, and you're able to reunite with your loved ones," He clears his throat. "If you feel ill, or need anything Francisco will contact me immediately."

He walks out of his office and leaves the rest of us to wonder what was next to do.

———————————————————————-
I really hope you keep giving my chapters a chance, and keep reading it gets better!

Do you think Mia is making a mistake by trusting in these new strangers?

Love, E! =)