Chapter Two | Confused

Josh's POV
Confused
*edited*

When I woke up I was more freaked out than ever before.

What the hell?

The dream haunted my brain, every detail of it still stuck in my head.

Unknowingly, I brought my lip into my mouth as I recalled the dream. Chewing on it before catching myself and shaking my head.

What was I supposed to do? What did this mean? I mean surely it couldn't be normal. There was always an underlying reason for dreams, was I just... hormonal and since Callum was attractive he somehow entered my dreams? That sounded so stupid.

"Crap." I murmured to myself feeling myself beginning to panic.

Suddenly, my phone went off, making me jump so far I might as well have become a planet in the solar system.

Calcumber - Mom wants to talk, I'm not heading to school. Wanna skip?

My stomach had dropped when he said he wasn't going to school, I felt oddly disappointed. Yeah, I mean, before whenever he said he wasn't coming to school, of course I always felt somewhat disappointed. He was my best friend. But this time, it was like I really wanted to hang out with him or to just talk to him.

Like it was less that I wanted to hang out with him, it was more that I just wanted to be in his presence. I was still concerned about his wounds too, that was playing a part in my feelings.

My fingers moved faster than my brain.

Me- I'm down.

Calcumber- Good 👍 I'll pick you up for Scottie's in a few hours. 10:00?

My heart clenched at the thought of skipping school and hanging with Callum instead.

Why was it suddenly like this? I mean, it never had been before. There was no 'good morning, what's up' realization in real life, right? This was almost comical. 

What if I'm gay?

I practically vomited at the thought. Not because there's anything wrong with gay people, but if I told Callum... his parents are the most homophobic people out there, what if he was the same way? What if he stopped being my friend? I trusted Callum with my life, but, even though Callum's parents knew that Callum and I have been friends since the womb, they still went as far to call us slurs if we pat each other on the shoulder.

I couldn't be gay... could I?

I shook my head.

"That's not how it works." I told myself. "You can't just wake up one day and suddenly you're gay." I try to comfort myself. But telling myself that I wasn't attracted to girls wasn't settling right with me...

When was the last time I looked at a pretty girl? Had a crush on a girl? 

Not to mention the fiasco with Callum and the towel and my face which decided to betray me.

"No, you're just stressing yourself out." I say, trying to calm down.

But my brain wasn't having any of it.