Chapter Thirty-Four: Fish, Crackers, my dog and Sylvia

Josh's POV
*edited*

"So are you guys dating now?" Sylvia asked and I groaned in embarrassment, turning away from her.

"No. Stop being weird, Sylvia."

"I'm just saying. I walk into you two kissing in your bathroom and now you won't tell me if you have a label. I need details Josh. Was he a good kisser. We're you?"

"Stop, Sylvia. Just let me eat my burger." I said trying to avoid conversation by stuffing my mouth full of deliciousness.

Can't talk if your mouth is stuffed full.

"Was it your first kiss?"

Technically, no. But it was the first kiss of mine that I really counted. The kiss in his house had been... I'm not sure. Almost like we were in a different moment.

In the bathroom though it was just us. No stress no worries.

I had thought that there was no interruptions and I didn't even know that Sylvia had seen until she brought it up to me.

And you can imagine how that went.

I. Was. A. Disaster.

Callum knew what he was doing, at least that's what I thought, but I can tell you that years upon years of kissing the back of my hands and mirrors and I still had no idea what I was doing.

I didn't answer and instead just continued to shove hamburger down my throat as we sat in her car, listening to Carly Rae Jepsen.

We'd gone through the McDonalds drive through, picked up a hamburger and pulled into a random parking lot before Sylvia obnoxiously turned to me and said. 'So tell me bout what I saw yesterday Joshy Washy'.

"And how did Callum react?"

I sighed shoulders slump, "You're so annoying. Stop asking questions." I demanded, taking a sip of my coke.

"Answer that question and I'll leave you alone. Promise." She raised her hands in defense.

I blushed slightly, glancing out the window. God This was embarrassing. "Well I started getting flustered and stuttering like the stupid moron I am and... well first he rolled his eyes and called me a doofus. And then he said 'stop freaking out Joshy. Whatever changes between us will be for the better I promise' then he hugged me and said that while he was gone he'd done a lot of thinking and he wanted to talk to me."

Sylvia practically gushed, "Awwww that's so cute." She said. "So how did it initiate?"

I shook my head, holding up a finger, "No ma'am. You said no more questions if I answered that one."

"But you like him right?"

"No more questions Sylvia!"

She cackled, and slowly started to pull out of her parking spot in this random ass parking lot.

"Alright alright. But I'll get it out of you one day."

~~~

"And then it was. 'Woah. That's a big ass fish." I mean, did you know how fucking big catfish can get Josh?" Callum asked with his eyes slightly narrowed at he popped a cracker into his mouth, smiling with satisfaction.