Chapter twenty-seven: Another injury

Josh's POV
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Another Injury
*edited*

Callum and I were outside, sitting by the pool and staring at the sky.

I kept shooting glances to Callum and he would dramatically swivel his head to catch me before grinning and looking away.

"How exactly did you get here?" I said, remembering that Callum's truck broke down.

Callum gave me a sheepish look, "Uh, you know. I walked."

I looked at him like he was the dumbest creature on earth, "You walked a twenty minute drive? Why?"

He made a face and rolled his eyes. "Wow. I can really feel the love Josh. You should be grateful I'm such a good friend."

I rolled my eyes, "And yet I was the one cheering up your sorry ass last week."

Callum sent me a glare and for a second I worried I pushed it too far... until suddenly I was in his arms and being thrown into my pool, clothes and everything on.

I resurfaced seeing smug looking Callum squatting and staring at me with innocent eyes.

"Oh no!" He said, placing his hands on the side of his face. He tsked jokingly, "poor Joshy must've slipped and fell in. Whatever will we do?"

I glared at him. "You'll come help me out, that's what you'll do."

He sent me a glare before giving me a cackle, "No no no, not happening my friend. I've read books, you'll grab my hand and pull me in and then I'll get wet too." He crossed his arms and I took the moment to dwell in the fact that my dumbass best friend was the most attractive person to me.

"Help me out you two legged looking deformed lama." Not that he'd ever get to know that though.

Callum sat back down, grabbing my phone from the grass. "Let's see let's see. What's your passcode?" He sent me a glance.

Slowly I started making my way towards the stairs of the pool, annoyed because my movements were slowed with the disgusting fabric.

"I've told you before." I said, waving a finger at him, "Not my fault your brain is too small to remember a flimsy passcode."

Callum looked lost for a moment before his eyes lit up and a smirk came into his face. "I remember now." He teased, typing in the numbers and waving the phone in my face as I trudged towards him, feeling heavy from my soaking clothes.

Of course he'd remember my passcode, it was literally his birthday. Just as mine was his.

He smiled at what I assume was my background, a stupid picture of us goofing off, because that doesn't happen often. Note the sarcasm.

"I love when we take photos together." He said nonchalantly, sending me a glance, "It's a good way to preserve a memory."

I reached my hands out next to him. "Give it."

Callum looked at me before blinking, "No I don't think I will." He said, walking in the opposite direction from me. I say 'walking' but he was almost running. More like jogging.