Chapter Twenty-Two: birthday Party

Josh's POV
Chapter Twenty: birthday Party
*edited*

Callum laid on my bed face down, snoring.

Recently our town decided to have everyone social distancing and avoid going out and things... which kinda really sucks as today was Callum's 17th birthday.

Callum came barging into my room a massive frown on his face. He flopped down on the bed and ranted (which I could not hear since his face was buried in my pillows) for a solid 20 minutes before saying: 'and I fucking hate life' before passing out.

I felt really bad. It was rainy and cold outside so no outside grill or swimming, and we couldn't go out because of this stupid pandemic so we were just stuck lying at home on the day Callum became an almost adult.

Callum's snores stopped and he stirred slightly.

I figured the least I could give Callum was maybe bake him a birthday cake with Sylvia and have a horror movie marathon in my room before throwing him an inside party or something.

"Callum, do you want to-"

Callum suddenly pushed himself up and started for the door.

"Where are you going?" I asked.

He gave me a weird look, "Pee?" He smirked, "wanna come with?" He asked cackling as I looked away, annoyed and somewhat embarrassed.

"What do you wanna do for your birthday?" I hollered.

"Nothing." He yelled back.

Like hell I was just gonna let him turn 17 without a birthday.

~~~

"Mom." I asked, having left Callum scrolling through Instagram in my room.

"Hmm?" She hummed.

"What should we do for Callum's birthday? It's today."

She looked at me. "I know. I remember. We could..." she paused. "Bake a cake. Sylvia and I got him gifts already, you got him one but it won't be here til tomorrow right?"

I nodded, "Right."

She sighed in thought. After awhile of silence she shook her head. "I really don't know Joshy, I didn't think everything would get shut down so quickly."

I groaned, "We can't just let him become an almost adult without anything to celebrate." I whined.

My mom sighed again. "Ok how bout this..."

And then started the list of ideas we could do to celebrate.

~~~

Callum had a small smirk on his face, his eyes were sparkling and you could tell he was holding back a laugh.

I was dressed as a princess, Sylvia as a dog (Peanut was having a fucking marathon with that, having tried to pee on her a few times) and my mom and dad as a queen and king. Callum was dressed as a stable boy and in front of him was a donkey missing its tail.