Chapter Twenty: Together

Callum POV
Chapter Twenty: Together
*edited*

You know those days where is existence is practically impossible. Like when you wake up and realize you can see sunlight you just wanna roll under your bed and stay there until someone discovers a body years later.

That's what Josh was going through. At least that's what he said.

"Josh." I gently poked his cheek.

"No." He said point blank, not even hearing what I was about to say.

"I didn't even say anything..." I sighed out, pulling my phone to my face.

Josh was lying on his stomach, blanket pulled over him, face smooshed by the floor.

I didn't know how to help him out of his funk, I didn't know what to say exactly. Sixteen years should give me plenty of experience in this sort of thing but the moments where Josh is having a hard time is rare and I have the memory of a goldfish.

His face had been all squished up his cheeks puffing out.

"That doesn't look comfortable at all." I commented.

"It's not." He grumbled, pulling his blanket over his shoulders. "But I don't want to move."

I paused for a moment, "I just want to help you, you could hurt a rib or something on the floor...."

Josh groaned at me and let out an annoyed breath of air. "You are so annoying I want to throw you out the fucking window." He snapped.

I raised my hands in the air, "Hey! I'm trying to be nice." I scowled, glaring at him. I took a deep breath and realized that maybe anger wasn't what Josh needed at the moment. "Do you want me to like... make you something?"

Josh side eyed me before shrugging, curling into a fetal position in the floor.

I felt my throat tighten in frustration. I wasn't mad at Josh whatsoever, I just didn't know how to help him. That's what made me frustrated. I'm not good at advice like Josh is, but he's my best friend. And I can't just let him wallow without trying to cheer him up.

I sighed, releasing his shoulders and lying down. "We can..." I trailed, I clicked my tongue in thought. "I could give you a back massage or something?" No reaction, "No? Okay..." There was nothing I could think of. The best way to cheer myself up, most of the time, was through food. "We could make red velvet cake and scroll through Yelp reviews and read the bad ones like Gordon Ramsey?"

Josh stayed silent for a little bit. I think if he would've been a dog his ears would've shifted.

I grinned at his crazy hair. "Where are we going?" I asked as he grabbed a pair of jeans and headed to the bathroom.

"We're going to go get red velvet cake ingredients because now I'm hungry." He said as he started towards his bathroom to put on the clothes he grabbed from his closet.

I'll never understand why he doesn't just change infront of me, I mean, we are both men right?

Unless of course he is not. Which is impossible.  Sixteen years, I'm not saying I've seen his dick on purpose, but when you've been around each other for sixteen years often times you forget to knock.