Part 0: Prologue

"You'll never be anything!"

My father screamed as he punched me in my gut, causing me to collapse and cough up some blood. I try to look back up at him, but he kicks me right in the face and I recoil back onto my back.

"You're nothing, do you understand me? Nothing!"

I look up to see my sister, Pyrrha Nikos, looking at me, smirking. My father then picks me up by the collar of my shirt and carries me out to the shed, yelling insults and punching me the whole way, until he finally throws me inside and locks the door.

It's the same thing every day. Nothing I did was good enough for my family. While Pyrrha got all of the training, I was locked in here, bleeding and beaten. But today felt, different, I knew I had to escape, somehow. I then remembered that, every night after the sun set, my father would come to the shed to start beating me again. This time, I knew I would be ready as I looked at the old, rusty pitchfork that leaned against the wall of the shed, every night.

As the sun set, I could hear my father and Pyrrha exit the house and walk towards the shed. I readied the pitchfork and as my father opened the door, I charged him, landing a hit right in his chest as he screamed in pain and fell on his back. I could have stopped there, I could have stopped and ran, but something in my head caused me to start to slowly push the pitchfork into his chest, until, finally, I hit solid ground and he had stopped moving, his screaming finally halting to a stop.

I looked over to my sister, who was frozen in shock, and I finally got my senses back and I ran. I ran as fast and as far as I could. And when my lungs and legs were burning, I didn't stop, I couldn't stop. I finally stopped running and I collapsed on the ground, crying.

"W-What have I done?"

I continued to cry until I heard the crunching of leaves and I looked up to see a strange man with short, dark brown hair and blue eyes, clothed in purple robes.

"What is wrong, child?"

As he kneeled in front of me, I quickly stood up and ran to him, hugging him. Feeling a sort of comfort with him.

"I-I ran away from my home. My f-family never wanted me" I said through tears. The man, surprisingly, hugged my back.

"I understand, what is your name, little one?"

"I-It's Y/N"

"I am Archidamos, Leader Of The Ring. How about you come live with me? I can teach you how to fight better then anybody in all of Remnant. I will make sure that there will be entire crowds of people yelling your name. How does that sound."

Thinking about his offer, I realized that if I learned to fight, I would be able to take revenge on the rest of my family for what they did to me.

"A-Alright, I'm in."

"Good, follow me." Archidamos then stands up and walks farther into the forest. Reluctantly, I follow him and after half of an hour of walking, we come across a large stadium-like building. With torches burning and the sound of people inside cheering inside.

"This is the biggest building I've ever seen!"

"Well, welcome to your new home, Y/N L/N."

End of Chapter