Part 10: Memories

Timeskip
"What is it this time, Oz?"

A tall, dirty looking man walks into Ozpin's office, Ogneus and the rest of Team ODSY stand in silence.

"It is a new mission for you, Qrow. You have heard of this so called "Death March" coming from the north?"

"Yeah, I have, something weird is going on."

"Yes, what I have heard is very, strange, but it's a long story."

"A very, very long story." Yhorm interjects into the conversation.

"But no matter, this is if upmost importance, from some research I have conducted, I have figured out there have been ten of these strange, powerful people throughout history, and we know the location of five, one being the leader of the Death March. I need you to find the location of the remaining five."

"Alright, so find some unusually strong people, sounds easy enough."

Qrow then, without another word, exits the office. Ozpin then turning to Team ODSY.

"Now I need you four to stop this Death March and bring the Champion of Thor to me."

"Wait, we need him alive? How are we supposed to stop someone that strong without killing them?"

Suddenly, a voice interjects.

"Simple, you don't."

Ozpin And Team ODSY turn to the voice to see Shane who seems to have come out of the elevator at the exactly right time.

"You don't need to keep them alive, you just need to make sure the source of their power doesn't find a new owner."

Shane extends an arm and points to each of team ODSY's weapons.

"Do you all remember how you acquired your weapons?"

Ogneus reaches into his memories and recalls his first memory of Poseidon's Wrath.

Flashback
Y/N POV

After a long day of training with father, I sit in the stands of the arena, imagining a great battle happening within, when I hear my father's voice.

"Someday you will be down there, Y/N, earning the love and respect of all within."

I look up at him and smile as he takes a seat next to me.

"I promise to you, father, I will become the most loved warrior in the world!"

"I know you will, my son, come, let's take a walk."

Archidamos gets up and leads me outside the arena to the shore, where the only horizon is the expansive blue ocean. After an hour of walking and bonding, I start to hear a slight ringing from a direction close to where the water meets the sand, and I start to follow the noise.

"Is something wrong, Y/N?" Archidamos asks as he follows me. Not saying anything back, I get to what seems to be the source of the sound, a slight metallic gleam from the sand. Reaching down and digging through the sand, it soon reveals a shining trident, somehow not rusted from the salt water.

"Curious, it seems that even the ocean itself thinks that you are destined to be a great warrior." I hear Archidamos say from behind me.

Flashback End

"Each of the Champions' weapons are their connections to their specific gods, if we get all of the connections, it means we can banish the gods from this realm to stop this war." I hear Shane say as I snap back from my memories.

"So just kill the head honcho, and get the weapon, easy!" Dawson exclaimed.

"We must remember, this Björn has a whole army at his disposal." Selena adds.

"It is true, you will need support, but once Björn falls, his army shall as well. He seems to be the only Champion to show himself in the name of his god, but if we do not hurry, the others shall as well." Shane explains.

"I think I know the right reinforcements for the job, I will get transportation together to siege this army, we all have a week to prepare, you are all dismissed." Ozpin says. Everyone quickly exits the office to start their preparations for the battle ahead, but I hang back for a minute.

"Who exactly do you plan on getting reinforcements from, Ozpin?" I ask.

"Our best huntsmen and huntresses of course, as many soldiers I can get out of Ironwood, and, you may not like this, but team RWBY and JNPR, including your sister. I suggest you take this preparation time to try to mend some broken bonds." Ozpin replies. I growl and start to wind up a punch, but then I realize he is right, like it or not, Pyrrha is a great fighter and a valuable asset, much to my dismay. And with a huff, I turn around and see myself out of the office, many things on my mind, but one sticking out from the others.

'I suggest you take this preparation time to try to mend some broken bonds.'

End Chapter

Damn, been awhile, hasn't it? This story may be coming to an end soon, but I am planning on writing another book (probably more regular fan fiction instead of what I'm doing here with a whole different story that probably could be a real book instead of a RWBY fanfic but ya know)