Chapter 4

Miko

I couldn't believe what I was seeing! Well, I totally could, the girl was right there up on the deck, but I mean, this was crazy! And awesome! Another human knew about the Autobots! Not only that she was a girl, like me! This was so exciting! 

I raced up the stairs and along the deck, my hand sliding along the rails. I skidded to a stop in front of the girl, my eyes sparkling in excitement. She jumped, looking at me in surprise.

"Hi!!" I cried. "I'm Miko! Did you see us race in? Bulkhead and I totally won, right?"

Jack and Raf appeared behind me, a little out of breath. The girl blinked, taken back.

"Slow down, Miko," Jack said, looking over to her. "Sorry about Miko. She's a bit.. eccentric," he said, rubbing the back of his head.

I stuck my tongue at him. "Well, excuse me for getting excited." I pouted and crossed my arms.

Raf put his hands on the bed and leaned closer. "I'm Raf, and that's Jack."

She perked up at this. "Jack?"

Did she know him?

"You're mom.. talked about you," she told us quietly.

"My mom?" Jack exclaimed, confused. Then he looked at the hospital bed like he was seeing it for the first time. (Honestly, I hadn't noticed it until now, either.)

Raf got to it first. "Are you hurt? What happened?"

"Ooh, did you see some action? Anything cool?" I cried, hoping for a detailed story. An idea popped into my head and my leaned in and pulled out my phone. "Look! Look! I have a picture of the 'Con that attacked us on our first adventure!"

The girl looked over my shoulder at my screen and made a strange face at the Decepticon. Apparently, she didn't like the look of it. 

"I know, super ugly, right?" I joked. "It was super cool, though."

Jack crossed his arms. "We almost got killed."

"We almost always do!" Raf laughed. "Miko, don't you think you're overwhelming her a little?"

I jumped back. "Oops. Sorry, am I being too loud?" I asked worriedly. I honestly hadn't meant to.

"Yes," Ratchet grumbled.

I glared at him. "I wasn't talking to you!" He only rolled his optics at me.

The girl was looking at us with an unreadable expression on her face. She blinked a few times, as if thinking of what to do next, before bursting out into quiet laughs. This time it was our turn to blink in surprise.

"What? Did I say something funny?" I asked in a hurt tone, but I was smiling.

She rubbed her eyes, still giggling slightly. 

"Not really.." she said. She straightened. "My name is.. Taylor."

I grinned brightly, satisfied. "Well, good. I thought we would never get your name out of you."

This time, everyone laughed.

Taylor

The Japanese girl with pink bangs was fun. I liked her a lot. After I told her my name, she immediately went off into the stories of what they had done with the Autobots so far, showing me pictures and moving her whole body as she explained. Jack and Raf would interrupt sometimes and give a dialed down version of what she had just said, or protested about something insulting she had said about them. Most of the time, though, they just listened with smiles on their faces. My head was spinning towards the end, but I didn't mind. The tales were like the books I used to read, and filled me with growing anticipation.