Chapter 9

It was nearly half an hour later when the other kids arrived with their guardians. I looked away from the screen where basic Cybertronian was displayed and Ratchet quickly fumbled to put it away. The kids jumped out of their friends, laughing and joking about something. Something squeezed in my heart for a moment, but I let it pass.

I continued to watch as they wandered over to their human section, eventually walking out of my line of sight. I sighed, wondering how long it would be before I would be able to join them and their fun. It didn't seem like I would be walking anytime soon. I looked down at my legs, sighing again.

Suddenly Miko was next to me, pouting at me. "Aren't you bored sitting here?"

I jumped and blinked at her, surprised to see that she was there. I thought she was with her friends at the human area..

Raf pushed himself up onto the bed again. "Is it still hard to walk?" he asked kindly.

I nodded slowly, unsure of what to say.

"You must still be pretty weak," Jack implied, coming over. He studied my face and started. "Are you okay?"

I realized that my eyes were wet with tears. I tried to blink them away, but they spilled over my cheeks. The others all went silent, giving each other unsure glances.

"I'm.. I'm sorry," I sobbed, trying to rub the tears away. "It's... not bad.."

Miko bounced onto the bed, nearly knocking Raf off. "Were you lonely?" she asked seriously.

I thought for a moment, trying to figure out what I was feeling. It was similar to before, when the Autobots had all been with me, but what I had felt before.. 

"I.. I think so," I sniffed, looking away. "I saw you guys.. come in, and I... I don't know, my chest felt kind of tight.." Another sob escaped me and I hugged my knees. I felt bad now for bothering them.

They shared a look again before Jack's face brightened. He grabbed the rails of the bed and suddenly ran. I screamed at the sudden motion. Miko laughed and grabbed the other side, forcing it to speed up. Raf trailed behind, smiling brightly as he tried to keep up. They screeched to a halt in the human area and nearly sent me flying forward. A strange noise came from my throat.

Ratchet looked away from the screen with wide optics. "What are you doing!?!" he shouted. "That is dangerous!"

Miko laughed breathlessly and smirked at Ratchet. "Why do you suddenly care?" she teased. I blushed with embarrassment and tried willing her to stop. "I thought you didn't like humans."

He growled. " Human or no, she is a patient and therefore must be treated as such!" He left the monitor and walked over to the us.

"You like her and you know it," Miko teased again, earning a smack from Jack.

Ratchet didn't say anything as he looked me over. 

"We didn't want her to be lonely, Ratchet," Raf said with assurance. "We didn't mean to hurt her."

I shook my head frantically. "I'm not hurt! Just.. surprised." I looked up at the medic and gave him a small smile. 

He glared at the children before he left, seemingly satisfied with my response. I smiled over at the others. They returned it by wheeling me over, slowly, to the side of the couch.

"Do you wanna play a video game?" Miko asked. Raf took a controller and held it out to me.

I took it hesitantly. "What game?"

"Racing!" Miko said challengingly, snatching the other controller from a surprised Jack and plopping onto the couch.

Raf sat on the bed again and grinned at me, pushing his glasses up. "I can give you some pointers. Bee has been teaching me."

I tried to blink away the tears I felt rising again and nodded. The screen flickered to life and the game began to start. Soon, I was no longer able to hide my happiness.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My eyes fluttered open tiredly. I sat up slowly, hissing as I felt a pain in my arm. I looked around, noticing the room was dark. It was clearly night. 

I felt something touch my hand and jumped. A small bag of fruit and a sandwich was at my side on the bed. A small note was taped to it. I squinted to try and adjust to the darkness.

Try to get some nutrients in you. I can give you a full look over tomorrow.

-June

P.S. Jack told me you had a lot of fun today.

I smiled at the note and took the food. It tasted good in my dry mouth. As I ate, my eyes wandered to see if I was by myself. I saw Ratchet still at his console, typing away. I wondered how much rest the Autobots needed. I tried to make out the large figure that was standing in the hallway, guessing it was Optimus. The others I couldn't see.

The figure saw me staring and came my way. I smiled when Optimus reached me. 

"Taylor," he said gently, his voice quiet. "How are you feeling?"

I swallowed the bite and gave him what I hoped was a reassuring smile. "Better. I hope I can get up soon."

"It would be best not to push yourself," he told me, before the corners of his mouth turned up ever so slightly. "But I do hope that you return to your full health soon as well."

I smiled at the Prime, secretly wondering if he had always been so serious. "Thank you,"

He nodded and joined Ratchet at the monitor, who turned and whispered something to him, earning a scowl from the leader. I wondered what they were talking about when I realized I was still in the kids area. I must have fallen asleep when we were playing. I sighed, wishing my body would return to its' normal function soon. 

I turned and watched the two bots as they muttered to themselves and watched the screen. A few familiar Cybertronian words shot through the screen and I smiled at my new knowledge. Then a insignia flashed at me and I shuddered. Ratchet had been very clear on that one.

Decepticons.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I like this chapter, even if it is short. And maybe a little boring. But it was mostly for Taylor. I wanted to present her and her struggles a bit more. And how she has fun with the kids. :)

I hope the next chapter will have you excited, though. *wink wink*

No, seriously, I have a good idea.

Bye!

*waves*