Chapter 11

I had heard of Agent Fowler from the other Bots. From the way they had described him, I was a little worried what he would think and say when he discovered me. Literally living  within the Autobot base. Miko had told me that he had been pretty livid when he had found out about them. As of now, he had warmed up to them, but as for me... a fourth child might be too much.

I glanced at Optimus and Ratchet in worry as they shut the alarm off. "Agent Fowler...?"

Ratchet sighed, his optics turning to me. "I doubt he will be happy to discover another human within our base, Optimus." He turned to his leader.

The said bot nodded in agreement. He saw my shaking figure and his optics softened a little. "Do not worry, Taylor. Agent Fowler will most likely be angry, but I have doubts that he will force you to leave." He gave me a small reassuring smile.

I nodded, giving him the best smile I could manage and wiping my eyes. "Okay. I... I trust you."

Ratchet went to Optimus' side as the human sized elevator dinged. I peeked from my bed, straining to see. The Prime shifted a little to hide me, protectively putting a servo in the way of the person's sight. I craned my neck even more as the sliding doors flew open.

"PRIME!" an angry voice growled. I heard quick, heavy steps that sounded agitated. Tilting my head a little, a saw a dark skinned man in a suit and tie stomping to the edge of the rail. I was closer to the monitors, and with Optimus blocking him, he couldn't see me.

"Agent Fowler," Optimus said with formality. "Has Decepticon activity risen?"

"That's what I would have to assume, considering how much damage they caused on a freeway exit!" The angry man, Agent Fowler, shouted. "A blue muscle car was made out speeding away with a tarp covering something on his back. A red sportscar wasn't far behind."

"Sounds like Knockout and Breakdown," Ratchet implied, making servo gestures. "They were probably hauling Energon."

"Care to explain why they would be in such a hurry?" Agent Fowler growled.

"The rest of the Autobots have yet to report back," Optimus said, "from dropping the children off at school."

"They could have run across the Decepticons on their way back and went into pursuit," Ratchet pondered, looking to Optimus. "If they weren't seen, then they could have become occupied with backup while Breakdown and Knockout made their escape."

"Causing serious damage in the process," said Agent Fowler.

My eyes widened at the thought of the Autobots engaging the enemy. I knew they did often, they were fighting a war, but imagining them in battle made me scared. What if they got injured? I shuffled in the bed uncomfortably, heart beginning to beat faster.

"WHAT IN THE SAM HILL?!?" Agent Fowler suddenly shouted, his attention turned to me. I jumped as he pointed at me in shock. "Why is there another civilian here?!"

Optimus slowly shifted to the side, revealing to the government agent. I waved nervously, not sure what else to do. Agent Fowler raised an eyebrow and scowled at the Prime. Ratchet took a protective step forward.

"She became involved with us a few days ago," Ratchet began to explain.

"She discovered us while we were engaged with the Decepticons, and was injured by a blast," Optimus stated simply, gesturing towards me on the medical bed.

"Has she been here since then?!" Agent Fowler said with shock.

Optimus nodded. "She has remained her while she recovers."

"Her family must be worried out of their minds!" he screamed at the mech. "What were you thinking? She ought to have been reported missing by now!"

I visibly flinched at the word family. The Autobots saw and both of them gave the agent an angry glare.

"She has no family to return to," Ratchet spat, surprisingly angry about how he was treating me. Agent Fowler was quiet, eyes softening a bit. 

"It has been decided that, until further notice, she is to remain with us, where we can protect her and care for her," Optimus said firmly. His tone of voice told Agent Fowler that it wasn't up for discussion; it was final.

Agent Fowler looked to Prime and then to me, gaze shifting between us. His eyes finally rested on me, turning a bit stressed and upset. I tried to smile.

"U-uh," I muttered. "Hi?"

"Has she agreed to this?" the agent asked, the edge in his voice gone. It sounded defeated.

Ratchet nodded once. "Yes," he said, looking to me for confirmation.

I got the memo and nodded furiously. "I-I have agreed! I'm... actually happy about the decision." I smiled shyly up at the Autobots at the last sentence.

Agent Fowler sighed and made his way towards me. When he reached my table, he looked me over. Feeling awkward, a shakily reached out my hand. He glanced at in surprise, before taking it a moment later and giving it a firm shake.

"I-I'm Taylor," I said quietly.

"Agent Fowler," he said, releasing my hand. He looked up to the Bots. "I'm going to have to report to General Bryce about this," he told them with a sigh.

Optimus nodded once, signaling that he understood. Ratchet kept a firm glare on the agent, seemingly still angry.

"Taylor," Agent Fowler said, turning to me. "Are you enrolled in a school?"

I shook my head. "My.. mom couldn't afford it. I was homeschooled."

The agent simply nodded. "You need to good education. I doubt that aliens could give it to you, so I'll do what I can to enroll you to the same high school as the other kids. I'm assuming you met them already?"

Ratchet scoffed at Agent Fowler's remark, while I nodded and smiled. 

"Yeah," I told him. "They are.. really nice. I like them."

'That sounded really... childish.'

Agent Fowler simply nodded and made his way back to the elevator. "Keep me updated, Prime. I'll let you know if there is any more Decepticon activity."

Optimus nodded in a light farewell. The agent left without a word, leaving me to give a sigh of relief. I looked up to the Autobots and smiled gratefully. I don't know why, but I suddenly felt assured that I was staying here. Like it knew it now.

"Thank you," I told them. "For helping me. For.. being there for me." I felt tears rise in my eyes. "When no one else would..." 

My arm instinctively reached out, even though I knew I couldn't really hug them. I started to draw back, but Optimus let me hug his digit.

"It is our pleasure," Optimus said gently. Ratchet groaned, but stopped when the Prime shot him a look.

"I don't see why it really matters," he grumbled, turning to the monitors again. 

I giggled at his mood, remembering that not to long ago he had let me cuddle his digit. I smiled up at Optimus as I let go of his digit. The corners of his mouth turned up in a small smile. He nodded before going to Ratchet's side at the monitor.

I laid back down on my bed, suddenly tired. There was no fear of nightmares as I drifted off to sleep.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ayyyyee look at me, I updated this story.

I feel like I've been lagging on this story. 

I hope it's still a good story.

*waves*