(Chapter 18)(getting better)

(Luna's p.o.v)

I would meet his family today. I was excited. I couldn't wait. I put on my favorite yellow dress. Their was a wedding in the family so Brantley chose to bring me along . And Emmy was having trouble with her dress. I smiled. I helped her zip it up. The back of mine was still unzipped. I walked to BG . I put my hair over the front of my shoulder so he could zip it. He ran his hand over my bare back. "B, just zip it, we gotta hurry." I say. He pulled me back against him, with my dress still unzipped ; he put his hands inside my dress placing them on my flat belly. My back was against his chest. He dipped his head down and kissed my neck.

"Stop you don't wanna be late". I try. He kissed up and down my jaw line and neck. His hands made there way to my bare breasts. He bit my neck.

I grabbed my wand off the counter and placed it at his throat. He smirked. "You wouldn't dare". He says. He removed his hands and zipped up my dress. I put my little pins in my hair . Then slipped on my yellow flats.

Emmy ran in and I helped her with her shoes and fixed her curls I had put in her hair.

(BG's p.o.v)

Here we were the last place I wanted to be, a wedding. It was a cousin I barley remembered . This is so stupid but hey at least I could introduce Luna.

Mom had a smile as she came over to us. "You look so nice, and very interesting dress Luna, where did you get it."? Mom says . " I made it myself". Luna says. "Oh , very .. Um.. Different and creative". Mom says.

Luna was holding Emmy . They looked like mother and daughter.

Mom walked away, this is irritating as hell. Mom was always acting weird around Luna.

"I'll be back darlin' you can wander if you want ". I say.

Luna nodded . I walked after mom. She had walked inside . She was in the kitchen. "Momma what's wrong , you act weird around Luna." I say. " she loves you". Mom said. " well I know but/

"Honey the woman your father ran off with was just like Luna, young, innocent, pretty, .. Strange.. And she just/

"Mom, are you scared she's gonna steal me from you"? I ask.

She sighed. "Momma come on, Luna loves family, she's nervous cause it's her first time around y'all and trust me she's the best thing that ever happened to me; and she's a perfect mother for Emmy ". I say. " you have it all figured out and we've barley even met the girl". Mom says.

" well why don't I introduce you to her." I say. " okay". She says.

We walked back outside.

"Mom this is Luna, Luna this is my mother". I say. "Hello". Mom says. "Hi". Luna says. " your blouse is a happy color". "It's beautiful ". Luna says to mom.

" oh thank you". Mom says .

I hoped to god that they would get along. I walked back to Emmy she said she had to go pee so I was gonna take her , so luna and mom can talk.

I went in the house and Emmy went to the bathroom.

She was all better now and I walked outside to find mom yelling at Luna. I ran down the steps Emmy in my arms.

"Mom!". I say. Luna was trying not to cry , but then tears rolled down her pale cheeks.