Chapter Eight

Ceaderstripe and Heatherfur sat outside of the Nursery together, watching the kits play.
When suddenly Stonestar padded out of his den, seemingly ready to make an announcement.
"Kits, back into the nursery," Heatherfur called softly, "now."
The kits scrambled into the nursery, Swankit in the back, obviously acting more mature.
"All cats old enough to catch their own prey gather beneath the Stone Pillar for a clan meeting," Stonestar called, bounding up to the top of the pillar.
The clan began to pad out of dens slowly.
"My kits, Snowpaw and Icepaw, Are ready to become Warriors," Stonestar announced, "Icepaw, step forwards."
Icepaw stepped forwards and looked up to his father.
"Do you promise to uphold and protect the warrior code, even at the cost of your life?" Stonestar mewed.
Icepaw nodded, "I do."
"Then from now on you will be known as Icestorm," Stonestar mewed, "Stoneclan welcomes you as a full warrior of the clan."
"Icestorm! Icestorm!" The clan cheered.
"Snowpaw, step forwards," Stonestar mewed.
Snowpaw stepped forward, he seemed to be very confident.
"Do you promise to uphold and protect the warrior code, even at the cost of your life?" Stonestar mewed for the second time.
"I do," Snowpaw nodded.
"Then from now on you will be known as Snowcloud, Stoneclan welcomes you" Stonestar mewed.
"Snowcloud! Snowcloud!" The clan chants.
"Thank you father," Snowcloud mewed.
The clan broke into small groups, Snowcloud and Icestorm padding over to Milkpaw, Timberpaw, and Patchpaw.
"Well, that was partially unexpected," Ceaderstripe mewed.
"What do you mean partially?" Hemlockheart mews, startling Ceaderstripe who hadn't noticed her there before.
"Well they had to become warriors at some point," Ceaderstripe laughed, "I just think it was a bit late."
"So was the beginning of their apprenticeship," Shrewtail mewed from the other side of Hemlockheart.
"I'm almost positive Goldfur gave BIRTH to them half a moon late," Burntwhisker laughed.
"I'll give a mouse to whomever can guess whats next to be late," Fluffypelt mewed with a laugh.
"Their apprentices, two mice," Heatherfur mewed.
"Their vigil," Ceaderstripe guessed, "two mice."
"Then moving out of the apprentice den," Burntwhisker laughed, "four mice. I'm confident something will happen."
"No way," Shrewtail argued, "You cannot say that! Nothing will hap-"
"I just got a vision from Starclan!" Gravelstripe screamed, "they want me to tell everyone now!"
The gray she-cat bounded to the top of the stone pillar, leaving Stonestar at the bottom, shocked.
"I can't wait to get my teeth on those mice," Burntwhisker mewed with a laugh.
"Holy Starclan," Heatherfur breathed.
"He predicts the future," Fluffypelt, Hemlockheart, Ceaderstripe, and Heatherfur chorused.