Chapter Twenty-Four

Ceaderstripe blinks her eyes open. Her families warmth surrounding her. She looks over to Hemlockheart who blinks at her slowly. She wished she could stay here a little longer but she knew she should go to camp to make sure the others were ready. Ready. She will never be truly ready to leave here.
"Let's go," Hemlockheart whispered, a big grin taking over her face, "a new adventure awaits."
Ceaderstripe smiles, "let's go."
They stand up and wake their family to say goodbye.
"Come back soon," Sandpaw mews, looking at the ground.
Ceaderstripe noses his chin up, "we'll be back."
"Be safe," Amberpaw blinked a few times.
"Don't cry," Hemlockheart said sweetly, sounding as if she were on the verge of tears as well, "we'll come back as soon as we can. We'll be ok. And I promise we won't miss your warrior ceremony."
Amberpaw smiles and brushes her cheek against Hemlockhearts cheek.
"Don't take to long," Berryfur mews.
"We'll be thinking of you everyday," Creamtail let out a whimper and leaned into Berryfurs side.
Ceaderstripe and Hemlockheart glance at each other before boh leaning in and whispering into their mother's ears.
"We love you," they whisper.
They turn and go back to the camp.

"I talked to Stonestar yesterday," Cocoapaw mewed, "after I hung out with my family."
Ceaderstripe nods, "what'd you talk about?"
"We talked about how long he thought it would take and he said it should only take about ten sunrises, but that's with a small group just following the river to a wide open place with only few trees," Cocoapaw explains.
"It sounds nice," Ceaderstripe mews.
"Yeah," Cocoapaw nods, "my siblings told me to remember every detail of the journey so that I can describe it all to then when I come home."
"You sound doubtful," Ceaderstripe mewed, "what is it?"
"What if I don't come home?" Cocoapaw asks.
"I promise you'll come home. I will throw myself into any battle, wave, or creature to protect you Cocoapaw. But you song need protection, you'll be an amazing warrior one day," Ceaderstripe assures him.
Heatherfur and Fluffypelt join them. Hemlockheart comes back from the medicine den, her face twisted.
"What'd you eat?" Ceaderstripe laughs.
"Traveling herbs," Hemlockheart sticks her tounge out.
"We'll all need them," Burntwhisker mews from the entrance of the medicine den, "come on, eat up."
They all go into the medicine den and eat some of the tangy herbs.

The seven Stoneclan prophecy cats gather at the call entrance, looking at the camp they were about to leave. Breath billowing in front of them they stand in silence, looking at the camp as cats begin to wake and murmer softly to each other.
The cats all look to each other ones last time in this camp before turning and leaving the camp.
They walk across Stoneclan territory, past the beautiful clearing where Ceaderstripe glimpses her mother weeping beside her father, her siblings crowded by their paws. She would miss them unbearably.

"Hey," Pinestripe mews with a yawn when she sees them at the border.
"Hey," Ceaderstripe mews sheepishly. This journey would give her a chance to get close to Pinestripe and Hazelstripe again.
Pinestripes family stood at the border calling their goodbye's to her, wishing her safety and wellness.

They get close to the mountain and Froststar and Hazelstripe rush to them.
The cats stand and look at one another before Cocoapaw breaks the silence.
"Let's bounce."