Chapter eleven

"Ceaderstripe!" Galaxypaw bounced over to her.
"Congratulations," Ceaderstripe mewed.
"I was really hoping I would be your apprentice," Galaxypaw mewed, "but Hemlockheart is really nice too. She promised to take me on a tour after she asked someone a question."
"Well have fun!" Ceaderstripe mewed.
"Come on Galaxypaw!" Hemlockheart mewed, padding out of the medicine den.
What was she doing in there? Ceaderstripe thought.
Ceaderstripe padded over to the medicine den.

"Gravelstripe?" Ceaderstripe mewed when she entered the den.
"Yes Ceaderstripe?" Gravelstripe mewed.
"Why was Hemlockheart in here?" Ceaderstripe asked.
"Oh, just getting some herbs for a bellyache," Gravelstripe mewed, "why?"
"Just wondering," Ceaderstripe mewed, "well, I'll be going now."

"Hemlockheart!" Ceaderstripe called to her sister when she came back from the sunhigh patrol.
It had been two days since the naming ceremony and Ceaderstripe hadn't been able to get her sister alone.
"Yeah?" Hemlockheart mewed.
"How's your belly?" Ceaderstripe asked.
"You um- you- you know?" Hemlockheart mewed with surprise.
"I asked Gravelstripe and she said you had a belly ache, I guessed from there," Ceaderstripe smiled.
"I wanted her to check, make sure," Hemlockheart mewed, "I've known for about half a moon."
"Does Shrewtail know?" Ceaderstripe asked.
Hemlockheart nodded, "yes. I'm telling mom and dad today, then I'll tell our friends."
"Ok," Ceaderstripe mewed.
Hemlockheart smiled and padded away to find Creamtail and Berryfur.

"Star!" Ceaderstripe called, seeing the she-cat across the clearing, "do you want to come hunting with me?"
"Sure!" Star mewed, "I could use some practice; I missed everything I pounced at when I went on patrol this morning."
"I could show you some of the moves we learn in the clan," Ceaderstripe suggested.
"Alright, lets go," Star nodded.
The two she-cats padded our of the camp and began searching for prey.

"Theres a mouse," Ceaderstripe whispered, "watch me."
Ceaderstripe dropped into a crouch and began sliding her paws towards the mouse. When she got close enough, she pounced.
She gave the killing bite and dropped the mouse at Stars paws.
"Let's keep going," Star mewed.
They kept hunting until Star had caught a shrew and Ceaderstripe caught a small squirrel.

"Hey," Froststar mewed, racing beside Ceaderstripe.
"Hey," Ceaderstripe mewed back before jumping to begin climbing the cliff.
Froststar climbed behind her and when they reached the top just dipped his head to her before plunging into the water to begin swimming to Nighteyes, who fell in right after.
Ceaderstripe jumped into the water and began swimming after Froststar.
Froststar hauled Nighteyes out of the water then helped Ceaderstripe up before he got into the cave.
Ceaderstripe glances over at Nighteyes who was coughing and sputtering.
"Who are you guys?" Nighteyes mewed when he had gotten all of the water out of his lungs.
"I am Ceaderstripe, and this is Froststar," Ceaderstripe mewed, "who are you?"
The cats went through these usual introductions, also introducing a young cat named Ashkit, and his mother Splashstorm.
"We are here to get you out of here. Can any of you swim?" Ceaderstripe mewed.
Several cats said yes but another several said no, this would be difficult.
Ceaderstripe turned to Froststar, "difficult much?"
Froststar laughed just as Ceaderstripe blinked open her eyes to a cold breeze flowing into the warriors den.