Chapter Sixteen

It was almost sunhigh the next day and the clan had been summoned to gather for a clan meeting.

"Today Heatherfurs kits will become apprentices," Stonestar mewed.
Ceaderstripe could hear squeals from behind her.
"Kits, step forward," Stonestar mewed.
Cocoakit, Whitekit, and Treekit squealed with joy as they ran to the front of the group.
"Whitekit, step forward," Stonestar mewed.
Whitekit steps in front of his siblings
"You have reached the age of six moons, and it is time for you to be apprenticed. From this day on, until you receive your warrior name, you will be known as Whitepaw. Your mentor will be Falen. I hope she will pass down all she knows to you," Stonestar mewed
Whitepaw and Fallen touched noses and Stonestar continues, after the cats of Stoneclan chant Whitepaw's name.
"Cocoakit, its your turn to step forwards now," Stonestar mewed.
Cocoakit steps forwards and looks up at Stonestar with wide eyes.
"Cocoakit, From this day on, until you receive your warrior name, you will be known as Cocoapaw. Your mentor will be Ceaderstripe. I hope she will pass down all she knows to you," Stonestar mewed.
Ceaderstripe touched noses with her new apprentice, her heart filling with warmth for her friends kit. She could barely hear the chanting of her clan her heat was beating so fast and she was so happy.
"Treekit, you are the last of your litter to become an apprentice," Stonestar mewed, "step forwards."
Treekit took a step forwards.
"Treekit, is time for you to be apprenticed. From this day on, until you receive your warrior name, you will be known as Treepaw. Your mentor will be Rocktail. I hope he will pass down all he knows to you," Stonestar mewed.
The two toms touch noses and sit together while the crowd  finishes chanting names.
"I would like All warriors and apprentices except Rubyfur, Rosepetal, Heartchest, and Windwhisker to attend the meeting tomorrow," Stonestar mewed, "meeting dismissed."
Cocoapaw bounced, "are we going to tour the territory now?"
"Indeed we are," Ceaderstripe mewed.
The two cats padded out of the camp to look around the territory.

Ceaderstripe stopped at the Heart Stone.
"This is where your mother and our friends from this clan meet occasionally to practice our powers, I'm hoping we can come practice here tomorrow before the meeting," Ceaderstripe informed Cocoapaw.
"I can't wait to train with you all!" Cocoapaw squeaked.
"We'll be able to train a lot on the way to find Oceanclan, I have a feeling they're far away," Ceaderstripe mewed.
"Who's their leader?" Cocoapaw asked.
"Their leader is a tom named Seastar," Ceaderstripe replied.
She began telling her apprentice about all of the cats of Oceanclan she had met.
"What will we do once we find them?" Cocoapaw asked.
"Well we'll have to rescue them first," Ceaderstripe explained, "and then find them a home."
"Can't they come here?" Cocoapaw asked.
"Maybe," Ceaderstripe mewed, "but that's really up to them."

They continued walking around and talking about the prophecies between talking about different places around the territory. Ceaderstripe even showed him how to mark the border and let him try.

"Its time to head back to camp now," Ceaderstripe mewed, glancing up at the sky where the sun was halfway down the sky.
"Ok," Cocoapaw mewed, turning and bounding in front of Ceaderstripe.
Ceaderstripe ran to follow her apprentice.