Summoning the Death Snake

Sensei and I sit in front of the spirit smoke, him on one side I on the other. We watch the smoke carefully, our combined minds forcing clearer images. We see the ninja fighting snakes, then Wu facing off against Pythor, I am no where in sight, then the Devourer rises. Wu sits up with a gasp but I'm still watching. The Devourer smashes down,swallowing both Wu and Pythor.

   I wrench myself away from the smoke and scream. Wu rushes to comfort me, obviously not being able to see the vision. I clench onto him, my hood off and my eyes wide with fear.

   "The spirit smoke.... does not lie." I whimper and grip onto Wu tighter. I don't know if Wu would die, but it sure looked like it. I look up at him and shake my head clearing my dry throat.

   "W-Wu. Troubled t-times are ahead. I f-fear we m-must—" I'm thrown off by a coughing fit. Wu stands me up and we make our way to the kitchen for some water. The storm outside causing the bounty to rock every now and then. I stumble towards the training room, having got my water I needed to return to Lloyd. Making sure my other half was okay was my first priority. Wait. Other half?? Since when was Lloyd my other half? Sure we're barely ever seen without each other, he's the green ninja so the other chosen one, basically the yang to my yin, and I might have a tiny crush on him but that doesn't mean that he's my other half. Does it?

   I slide to the other side of the hallway and hit my head in the wood. I groan and push off the wall, gripping the handle to the training room. I deserved that.

   "Hey Lloyd- WHOA. Hands off my yang you purple berry!" I shout and despite the rocking of the ship I launch myself at Pythor, ready to save Lloyd.

   "You! By my tail never one without the other isn't it?" Pythor snarled as I grabbed his neck. He whips me around and I fly off, hitting the wall again. I groan and clutch my head.

   "Great. Bet, I have a concussion." I hiss and stumble to my feet. Pythor has already tied Lloyd to the punching bag and was coming for me.

   "Oh. Does someone have a headache? I'm about to make it much worse." He hisses and the last thing I hear is Lloyd's muffled screaming of my name before everything goes black.

   "-a. —la. -ila. LILA!!" My eyes shoot open and I'm met with Lloyd's green ones.

   "Oh thank goodness. I thought you were gone. You've been out for hours, but come on we've got to go! I warned the ninja that Pythor's on board but don't know anything else!" He tugs me up and the room sways. I groan and my knees give out. Lloyd is forced to support me while going up on the deck.

   "Sorry Lloyd. B-but I don't t-think I'm good for w-walking anytime s-soon." I manage to spit out, the pain in my head growing the longer my eyes are open.

   "Yeah, he hit you pretty hard." Lloyd chuckled slightly, but it was a nervous chuckle. We made it to the deck and I push him forward.

   "Go. They need you more than me. I'll just slow you down." He shoots one more worried look at me then starts to run off, but comes back. I open my mouth to tell him to go but he kisses my cheek.

   "T-to make it feel better." He stutters blushing then sprints out. My eyes droop shut and I smile faintly when I hear Lloyd yell;

   "Where do you think you're going." Then for the second time that day, all I see is black.

   "Come on Lila. Please." The voice worms into my head. I wriggle back  into the blackness but the voice is persistent. I groan and force my eyes open. My body felt like lead, I couldn't move anything.

   "I....feel......like.....shit." I manage to get out. Everyone chuckles and Nya puts something on my forehead.

   "Here Lila. Drink this." Wu holds a cup under my mouth and I manage to drink the tea. It clears my head and I'm finally able to take in my surrounding.