Chapter 5

Valdus let out a loud growl upon finding his mate missing

Valdus let out a loud growl upon finding his mate missing. There were a few of possibilities leading to her disappearance, maybe she was taken away by someone or she herself ran away. But,  why would she do that?

It had started to rain, washing away any scent that would lead him to her. Arius had a better sense of smell than him. Given the circumstances, he quickly shifted into his wolf and began his hunt.

Her scent was very faint, making it difficult for even Arius to locate her.  Finally, picking up on her scent, he started tracking her. As he went further,  he realised that her scent was now mingled with a very obnoxious and putrid smell.

Rogues! Valdus and Arius realised with panic.

Arius pushed his limits and reached his mate in no time. But the site in front of him, made him growl loudly. Two rogues were pounced on his fragile mate.

"These mutts are going to die today." With that said,  Arius pounced on them, ensuring that she was safe.

Mabel felt immense pain in her arm, where the wolf bit her. The other wolf was just as bad. It had a firm grip on her neck, making it impossible for her to breath. She could see her vision fading slowly due to the lack of oxygen. This was the end of her life. She accepted her defeat and asked God to give strength to her family. She had completely lost hope, but that was when she heard a loud growl that scared her out of her wits. It was the black wolf from last night. The wolf then pounced on the brown wolves, making their grips loosen around her body. With the remaining strength, she pulled herself out of their now weak grip. She took a few steps back. But, slipped on a patch of gooey algae. The last thing she saw was the black wolf ripping the head out of one of the brown wolves and then her vision blackened completely and she lost her consciousness.

Arius felt immense anger surge through his veins. He saw red as he shredded the filthy rogues to pieces. How did they even  dare to hurt mate? He felt great happiness when he heard their cries of pain and pleads of apologies. Nobody gets away with hurting her. Finally releasing their dead bodies, he went to get her.

He panicked when he saw her sprawled on the ground. He had not realised the extent of her injuries earlier. Arius let out a howl of pain. Valdus quickly shifted into his human form because Arius knew nothing about human aid. He picked her up and started running to the pack nearby, the Blue Moon pack.

Her arm was twisted at an awkward angle. Blood was flowing seamlessly out of her arm and her throat was badly clawed and bruised. He could hear her heartbeat, which provided a bit relief but at the same time,  he was worried about her injuries. He reached the pack hospital and called the doctors to treat her immediately. The doctors wheeled her inside the room and asked him to wait outside.

"Wait outside?  I will be waiting inside, ensuring that no harm comes to her. " Valdus growled at the doctor.

"B-but we would n-not be able to t-treat her p-properly." the doctor stuttered.

Acknowledging the fact that he could act as a distraction, Valdus agreed with the doctor.

"If I see an extra scratch on her body, you will not live to see the daylight tomorrow." Valdus promised.

The doctor visibly gulped and nodded quickly.

"Now go, what are you waiting for?"

With that,  the doctor scurried out of his sight and went to treat the unconscious patient.

Do hit the vote button if you liked it. It keeps me going :)

 It keeps me going :)