Chapter 6

Valdus found it extremely difficult to not barge into the ward and check if she was alright

Valdus found it extremely difficult to not barge into the ward and check if she was alright. He wanted to hug her and cuddle with her. He would have been doing all of that with her if he had he been careful with her. He felt guilt and anguish gnaw at him at being unable to look after the precious girl, who held a lot of power and importance now, without her even knowing about it.

"Stupid wolf did not take care of mate." Arius blamed himself.
Valdus too agreed with him. It was their fault that led their mate to this condition. All they could do now was wait for doctor to do something and make her completely well.

He was very nervous as to what was going to happen to her. He felt restless. His wolf wanted to come out and run to their mate. Each passing minute felt like an hour to him. He did not know her absence would affect him to this level. He knew a mate was the most important being in a werewolf's life. Nobody could ever replace a mate. But he never knew his concern, his worry, his fear could be this deep rooted. It was now that he got to know what fear meant. He had seen people fearing him, begging him. He was never affected by any of that. He had nothing to lose, nothing to care for, nothing to safeguard. But now, he had a mate, who needed his patience, his time and his protection. He will make sure that she receives all of it. He will make the hell bow to her, if the need be.

He was lost in these thoughts when he heard the door to her ward open. Never in his life of over 350 years, he had felt this nervous. He kept his eyes glued to the doctor, waiting for him to finally tell him about her condition.

The doctor mustered enough courage and spoke in a weak voice, "She is fine, as of now. Her throat will ache a bit. But, otherwise it will be fine. The arm however has suffered quite a few injuries. There has been external as well as internal damage. Her upper arm bone had come out of the shoulder socket blade, commonly known as dislocation. Also, she suffered an ulnar collateral injury, tearing the ligaments of the elbow. The arm will take quite some time to heal. So, it needs complete rest. She is unconscious due to the strong anaesthesia. It will take her 5-6 hours to wake up. "

"Anything else that I should know?" Valdus nearly growled at the thought of her being in pain. But, at the same time, he was relieved that she was not in any sort of danger.

"No, that's all."

Without even waiting for the doctor to complete, Valdus went to check upon her. Opening the door, he saw her, with scratch marks on her throat. Her arm was covered with a splint. He slowly walked closer and sat down beside her. He brought his hand to her cheek and tried to rub the dried tear stains off her cheek. The fact that she was crying did not settle well with him. He hated the notion,  especially when he had been a part of the reason for her tears. He stared at her face. It was a bit dirty from the entire ordeal that took place. But, it was peaceful nonetheless. He could stare at her all day long,  without getting bored. Her mere presence brought a feeling of calmness to Valdus as well as Arius. It was a feeling that he had never experienced before. He wanted to cherish it all through his life. He had known her for just a few hours, but the sort of affections, he held for her told an entirely different story.

After enjoying the peace for quite some time, Valdus decided he had to know about her family. His wolf was clawing at him, not wanting to leave their recovering mate. But,  he knew this had to be done. He needed to know about her whereabouts and the sort of life she led before he found her. Though he was going to look for her family, he was not planning on letting her return to them, leaving him all alone. He was firm on his decision.

Giving her a gentle kiss on the forehead, he gave her a final look and made his way out of the ward and called for a nurse and two guards.

"Make sure that she is comfortable and safe while I am away. If she faces any sort of trouble, your life will be in danger. And contact me as soon as wakes up. Any questions? "

The nurse quickly shook her head.

Seeming satisfied with her reply, he gave her a nod and got started with his investigation.

Hi!  I really hope you guys liked it :)