What do I do?!

Warning: There is homophobia in this chapter, and it is just for the chapter, I don't think these things irl

Kennedy's POV
We were in the middle of class, and instead of paying attention, I was staring at Lilac. She's much more interesting than whatever two plus two equals.

She has pretty blonde hair and shimmering blue eyes, and is sitting with her head on her desk. She is wearing a pretty dark blue dress, and cute shoes.

I was staring, lost in thought, when she turned and looked at me. We locked eyes, and I looked away to hide my blushing face.

I should tell her how I feel. Maybe she feels the same way?

No. Maybe I should ask my mom what she thinks after school. Maybe I could even ask her how to flirt with somebody? Yes, that's what I'll do.

Or maybe I shouldn't ask Lilac at all. What if she thinks I'm weird or gross, and never wants to talk to me again?

Whatever, I will just ask my mom what she thinks after school today.

*after school*

My mom is driving me home from school. I think now is as good a time as any to ask her what she thinks about my crush on Lilac. But I have to be subtle about it first.

"Hey mom.. I have a crush on somebody at school, and I was wondering what I should do about it?" I asked my mother. "Oh honey, before I tell you that you have to give me more details. Who's the lucky boy?"

No! She thinks it's a boy... Well I guess I should tell her.

"Um actually, it's a girl..." I said as we were pulling into the driveway. My mom parked the car and screamed "WHAT!?"

"Um.. It's a girl I like, mama. Her name is-" But I was cut off by my mother grabbing my shirt and screaming into my face.

"It is NOT ok to like other girls! That's gay, and against God's will. We will not allow sin in our household. You HAVE to be joking. You are, aren't you? My sweet Kennedy isn't a sinner, is she?"

I wanted to scream and wail. But I couldn't. I should've known. I've heard my mother talk about being gay before, and how it was a sin. I don't think that's right. It's not. I'm fighting back tears now. The best thing to do right now, is lie. I know it's not good, but I'm going to lie.

"Um, I was just kidding, Mama! It's a boy that I like! His name is um.."
Think Kennedy, think! You have to create a believeable story!

"Philip! I was asking how to win him over, because he's already with someone!" I mean, that part is true enough. Philip and Theodosia aren't officially dating, but they did both just confess to each other not too long ago. 

But I don't like Philip

I like Lilac.

I guess I'm going to have to figure out how to talk to her on my own.. I thought that mother's were there to support you.. But not mine. Mine only wants me to be miserable.

"Oh, PHEW! You actually had me worried there for a second! But I knew all along it wasn't true. My daughter, a sinner? Oh PLEASE. Anyways, as punishment for worrying me, you must go to your room and skip supper, don't come out until tomorrow. But before you do that, here's a few tips." My mother said. It hurt to hear her say this. It did a lot.

"Make sure you are flirtatious with the boy, so he knows, or at least has a clue, of you taking a liking for him. If he doesn't immediately show his liking for you then, which he most likely will, because look at you! You must be quite a catch. Well, I will be contacting the boy and girl's parents to ask if they approve of their cutesy little 'relationship.'"

My mother drones on and on, and threatened to come to my school and straighten the girl out herself to make her break up with the boy, or to have Papa show the boy reason. I tuned her out. Why would they do this, even if I wasn't lying? We are only 5 years old!

We are only 5 years old, and yet I already feel this way for Lilac. I love her so much.

No! No you don't you fool! Didn't you hear wht mother just said? She is right. This is sinful. Though it hurts to hear this, it's correct and you agree with your mother! So why do you still allow yourself to feel this way!?! It's wrong!

My mother finished her speech right as I started listening to her again.

"Alright, go now, Kennedy, and think about what you are going to do to win this little boy over! Oh, I'm so excited! Young love." My mother said excitedly looking deep in thought.

I trudged up the steps to my room and sat on my bed. I always loved the pretty flowers that covered my bedsheets and comforter. They were pretty as real flowers!

My dad always filled the house with air fresheners that smelled like lilacs.

That just made me think of her. Lilac. She's as pretty as a real lilac. She smells like flowers too. It wasn't until I saw a tear drop fall on my pillow that I realized I was crying. Why did my mother have to be this way?

*the next day*

Lilac's POV
Kennedy has been staring at me all day. I wonder what her problem is. Now that I think of it, she's been staring at me quite a lot recently.

I thought back to when Kennedy and I became friends. Oh! I remember now!  Our mothers were friends before we were even born. I know that my mother and Kennedy's share a lot of opinions. I know that they are both homophobic. Some may find it sickening, but I just obey what my mother thinks. If she thinks it's gross, so do I.

I looked back and... Kennedy was still staring at me! Why was she staring at me still? I wonder if there is something on my face.

Philip's POV
Ok, I don't know how long she has been, but I just noticed that Kennedy's been staring at Lilac, for like, a really long time. And I wonder what it's for. Theo and I look at each other and see nods her head towards Kennedy. Huh. Guess she noticed too. That means this I'd getting pretty obvious.

Anyways, I'm excited to see Theo and the others after school today, but it will probably be pretty awkward.

I hurt Madison. I wonder who all she told about that. I wonder if she told anyone about it at all. I feel really bad, but there is nothing I can do about it now. Oh well.

*after school*

Madison's POV
I can't believe I have to see that jerk EVERYDAY. Not just at home, but I'm not even released from the torture after school because my dad and I go straight up to the Hamilton house! Wait... I guess.. My dad was sort of right about the Hamilton's. I shouldn't've trusted Philip, he's a Hamilton. Maybe my dad's opinions aren't always complete garbage.

I bet Philip doesn't even feel bad for leading me on and humiliating me!

I wonder if I can win him back

An
Hey guys so sorry the chapter is short but this is kinda filler anyways so I will probably be making a way bigger chapter soon. Probably next chapter is something