Chapter 5: Not A Threat

"Dwight, Did you guys find him yet?"

"No, he's long gone. We're probably gonna have to search Alexandria"

"Why? He's not a threat to us anymore" I didn't expect for this to become a big deal, I thought that they would give in when they figured out he wasn't in the Sanctuary anymore.

"Negan thinks that the kid is a liability. He knows too much about our operations."

"You guys aren't going to kill him, are you?" My heart thumps through my chest at the thought of something bad happening to Carl.

"I don't know, why do you care?" Dwight looks at me with suspicion.

"I don't, I just hate when my dad gets like this"

"So tell me, Elena, how did he actually get away?" He raises his eyebrow,

"He just did, okay! I accidentally left him alone" I yell at him defensively.

"I don't buy your story hun, shit ain't adding up".

I roll my eyes and sigh "whatever, Dwight! "

"Whoa, calm down you two!" Simon approaches us as we argue.

"Elena, come on. You're riding with me"

"To where?"

"Alexandria. Negan wants me to keep an eye on you"

"No thanks, I don't need a babysitter! Being treated like this is exhausting not to mention I'm already practically on a leash 24/7"

"I know, trust me it's tiring for me too but it's what the boss wants"

"Ugh, let's just get this crap over with" I mumble under my breath.

When everyone is packed for the trip we leave headed for Alexandria. The whole ride there was pure hell. I had to listen to Simon ramble on and on about a place called "Hilltop", I've never been there but from what he is describing the leader sounds like an asshole.
__________________________________
"Now, when we get out the car I want you to stay close to me. We don't know how hostile this may turn out." Simon explains before coming over to the passenger side to help me out.

I look around taking in a familiar scenery but this time around its different. A dark cloud is over my head, all I can think about is Carl and if my dad is going to have mercy on him.

"We're back, Ricky dicky!" My dad calls out waiting to be let in.

"Iknow we're early but this is a special little visit" the leader Rick finally appears at the top of the wall, "What do you want, you didn't give us enough time to scavenge"

"We're not here for that! We're here to see that future serial killer of yours" my dad chuckles.

"No, This is between us, Negan" the man's piercing blue eyes glare me, and my people down.

"It was, but not anymore. When you sent that little shit to creep into my home, you broke our agreement, now open up!"

There is a moment of silence and exchange of dirty looks before Rick motions for the gate to be open.

"Good! That's what I like to see, cooperation"

The gate opens, and my dad enters leaving the rest of the saviors behind as back up. "Simon, Elena, bring your asses on!" He shouts, waving for us to follow him.We both run to catch up with him, knowing that he doesn't like to wait.

"So, where's Carl?" My dad laughs swinging his bat over his shoulder.

"I'm right here" a voice announces from a distance.