Chapter 19: The Kingdom (part 1)

Negan

The next morning.....

My feet carry me down the Sanctuary hallway to my daughter's room. Her teenage ass is always sleeping in, "Elena, you're gonna miss breakfast!" I bang on her door with Lucille at my side.

There's no answer so I try the doorknob. It's open. I step in but surprisingly she's not here. It's unusual of her to leave her room, most times she's either here or eating but I checked the cafeteria and she was nowhere to be found.

I pull out my walkie talkie to ask if anyone might know where she is, "Simon have you seen my daughter anywhere today?"

There's a moment of static before he replies, "No, but I'll ask around" he says nonchalantly.

I scratch my head at the mystery maybe she's finally found some friends to hang out with. Whatever the reason is I need to find her, ever since the talk we had yesterday I haven't been able to get somethings off my mind.

I continue my search on the first floor, I call her name but to no avail. As the minutes pass, worry grows inside me. The Sanctuary is a safe community but anything could have happened.

It's been an hour and it's clear to everyone that something isn't right. "We looked everywhere Sir, I think she's gone," Simon says as he runs up to me.

My heart instantly skips a beat. How could she be gone? So many different scenarios play in my head until I think of the most likely suspect in her disappearance, "It's that asshole Rick! I swear he has something to do with this. Get everyone ready we're going to Alexandria right now" the grip on my bat gets tighter.

I round up the troops to go straight to Alexandria's doorstep. Last time I let them off easy but this time will be different. This is the second time he's fucked with my daughter, I won't let there be a third time.
__________________________________
In no time at all, the entire Savior's force rolls up to Rick's community. I came ready to fight a war, we brought our biggest weapons and strongest fighters.

I step out of my truck to face my daughter's kidnapper. The hot sun shines without mercy, as Rick stares me down from the top of the gate.

"Where is my daughter? I know you have her!" I yell up to him.

"She's not here and neither is Carl. We're getting a search party together to look for him", he gives me his famous annoyed expression.

I don't believe him at first but the more I consider it, the more it makes sense. I just gave Elena permission to be with Carl yesterday, it can't be a coincidence that they're gone not even twenty-four hours later.

"Your kid is a fucking problem, Rick. He planned this little stunt and tricked my daughter into going along with it", I vent out my frustrations but of course, Rick has to come up with a smart ass comeback.

"How do you know this was his idea? She's not innocent", he questions me.

"Because she was happy the last time I talk to her. What about Carl, was he happy the last time you talk to him?"

The smug look on his face fades, "that's none of your concern".

"I'm gonna take that as a no. Which brings me to my initial point, this is his fault and yours too. If I don't have my daughter back by sunset you can kiss your little community goodbye" I threaten him with every intention of following through. Elena is everything to me, there's no question that I would kill for her.

There is a tense silence, but it is interrupted by the voice of a teenage girl. "Rick, I think I know where he is", she says from the other said of the wall.

A small glimmer of hope is given to the situation. "Tell me everything you know", he turns his attention to her.

"I can't be completely sure but he might have taken her to the Kingdom or Hilltop. One of the kids heard someone driving off last night" she tells him loud enough for me to hear. I eavesdrop on the conversation.

"Negan's men have Hilltop in their control, he would've taken her to the Kingdom. You're right Enid" Rick affirms her suspicions.

"Have you been hiding this community from me Rick? I never heard of it that's....interesting", I press him on the matters of this unknown place.

"That's not important now, we need to get them. Those two can't survive on their own. I'll show you the way", Rick hurries and gets down from the gate.

I never thought I'd see the day that he would help me but I guess desperate times call for desperate measures.
__________________________________
My people and I followed Rick all the way to this so-called Kingdom, it was a few hours drive but now we're at their main gate. I have to admit I'm impressed, I didn't expect to find another developed community around here.

I make my men stay in their vehicles as we approach in a non-threatening manner.

"Rick, what the hell is going on?", A man with long hair emerges with confusion written all over him. He surely wasn't expecting any of this.

"Is my son here?", Rick gets straight to the point.

The man nods, "Yes, he brought a girl along with him. He said you wanted him to get away from Alexandria for a little while"

"They ran-away. That girl is my daughter, where the hell is she?" I interject with a stronghold on Lucille. She's exactly the type of reinforcement I need right now. It this guy gives me any trouble, she'll bash his brains in.

"Everyone hold your horses. The kids are here, I'll show you where they're staying" the man looks at me with a warm smile.

His friendliness puts me at ease slightly. I can tell Rick trust this man, so I follow as he leads the way. It's a short walk to their quarters, the only thing that races through my mind is the hope that Elena is safe and sound.

Once we get to their room door, I let myself in without knocking. My chest tightens at the sight of Carl sitting on the bed with my daughter, "Elena, what do you think you're doing? You had me come all the way over here for no good reason!" I shout at her before she even realizes what's going on.