Chapter 10: One More Favor

"I talked to them, let Carl go now" I slam the door behind me when I return to my dad's room.

He chuckles at me, "Not so fast, tell me what you all talked about? I must admit I'm interested" he sits on the end of his bed.

"Boy stuff obviously and they mentioned some guy named Brandon" I hesitate to bring up the twenty year old but he should know.

"Brandon is a really solid choice. Do you want to meet him?" he offers but I decline. "No! You said you would let me be with Carl" I stomp my foot like a child throwing a tantrum.

"Hold on, I never said you could be in a relationship with him. I said I would let him out of the cell"

My inner-self shouts at him and tears threaten to fall from my eyes, "Come on dad, please let me have my way with this. He's important to me" I wrap my arms around myself, imagining being in Carl's arms.

My dad's face softens. He comes over to hug me and dry my cheeks, "Do one more favor for me, then I promise I will let you have the boy" he persuades.

"What else do you want me to do?", I give in to his demands. I don't have any other choice, I need to do whatever I can to rescue Carl.

"Spend some time with Brandon, you don't have to like him but have an open mind. He's very excited to get the chance to impress you", he pets my hair as I listen.

My ears perk up at this remark, "You already told him about all of this? You used to hate the idea of me having a boyfriend but now you're all for it, very convenient dad."

He keeps me in his arms and sways me back and forth, "I changed my mind. You're growing into a woman Elena, you're interested in boys. It's normal, but it's my job as a parent to guide you".

"Will it get you off my back for real this time?" I ask for confirmation from him.

"I pinky promise", he hooks my pinky with his and shakes them.

I roll my eyes, "Fine, I'll meet him but don't expect us to become a couple or anything" I give him a warning before this all goes down not to get his hopes up. I'm sure he's doing this only to get me to forget about Carl.

He kisses me on the head, "Great, let's get him in here" he reaches for his walkie talkie but I stop him.
"Wait, we're doing this right now?", I nervously grasp at his arm. I'm not the best at meeting new people especially when I don't have time to prepare.

"Why waste any more time? I see that Carl has already managed to fuck up your head. Brandon will fix that in no time, you won't even think of that one-eyed little shit ever again" he smiles down at me then pulls out the walkie talkie. "Brandon, It's Negan talking. Your presence is needed in my room asap" he demands.

"Yes sir. I'm on my way" the man's voice answers back. 

I pout at my dad but he's not having it "Don't look at me like that. You better not be rude to him baby girl. I raised you better than that" he scolds me.

"I can't help it, talking to a guy isn't fun when I'm around you it's embarrassing", my eyes shift to the floor.

"I won't stay, when he gets here I'll be on my way and you two can have your chat here"

I'm a little relieved but at the same time being stuck with a man I don't even know isn't exactly my favorite thing to do.

A knock hits the door and my stomach flutters, "It's time Elena, smile and be friendly" he coaches me before allowing the man to come in.

"I know you've been waiting to get to know my daughter but don't forget the rules we spoke about earlier" he cautions the tall dark-haired man.

As they talk to each other, I observe his impressive physique. His arms are so muscular, like a grown man. The differences between him and Carl are night and day. My boyfriend is a teen, they're nothing alike.

Brandon shakes my dad's hand, "I remember. You can trust that I won't do anything to disrespect you, Sir."

"I know you won't. See you two kids later!" he waves and leaves me alone with this mysterious person that I have never seen in my entire life.