Chapter 13: Satellite Outpost (part 2)

Carl
My body aches against the cold concrete. It takes everything inside of me to turn over when I hear the door crack open. Negan steps into the cell and looks down at me with the world's biggest smirk.

"Where is she?", is all I say as I look up at the man.

He bends down to my level and speaks only inches from my face, "I'm so glad you asked. My little Elena is on a date night with one of my soldiers. I'm sure they're having a fantastic time".

I roll my eyes at his pathetic attempt to get a reaction out of me. Though I've only known Elena for a short time, I can tell she's loyal. She would never do this willingly.

Negan notices my underwhelming response and continues to push for the reaction that he wants,
"It's not bullshit Carl. She's a pretty girl, plenty of men want to be with her. You're not the only one."

I ball my fist at the thought of another guy being with my girlfriend. I can't help but be engulfed with jealousy and rage, "She doesn't want to be with whoever you forced her with. We have something special" I stand to my feet.

"Hmm, we'll see about that. The guy she's with is better than you in every way. He's teaching her what it's like to be with a real man, she won't want to come back to you", he smugly turns his nose up at me like I'm beneath him. I hold myself back but he doesn't stop rubbing the situation in my face, "He took her on a trip too, they're at my satellite outpost"

A red flag instantly pops up in my head. The satellite station was a point of interest with my father, "No! She's not safe there!" I warn him in absolute shock that this could be happening.

My panicked self isn't enough to move him instead he questions whether or not I'm in a position to comment on these matters, "What the hell do you know kid? She's as safe as could be with him"

"You don't understand, that place is going to be attacked! My dad told me about it before I left."

Negan plays the role of the skeptic, "You telling me the truth? No fucking games".

I nod my head frantically, "Yes, Jesus Christ. She's in danger Negan!".

This time he takes my concern seriously. His hand's fumble as he rushes to pull the walkie talkie from his pocket, "Brandon!" he yells but no response.

"Brandon!" He repeatedly shouts but his efforts are in vain.

Elena

The small room quickly fills with fog from the two burning blunts. I take a long drag but the only effect I get is coughs.

"It's okay just breathe. Those are what I call virgin lungs", my newly found friend, Tony, explains and roughly pats me on the back.

When the air finally comes back to me, my eyes inspect the weed closely, "I don't feel anything" I tell him.

"Give it time. It will hit you out of nowhere" the man fades into a more mellow version of himself.

I guess being calm is a side effect. I always thought that drugs made people crazy. Seeing his reaction makes me less scared, I deeply inhale a bunch more puffs to hurry the process.

"Damn girl, I hope you can handle yourself", he laughs and watches my face change once the weed finally settles in.

My brain gets fuzzy and I fall from my sitting position onto the ground. A satisfying warmth comes over me the more I breathe in the drug, so much so that I'm unbothered when the door pushes open.

"There you are, Elena! I've been looking everywhere for you!", Brandon comes in with immense worry and confusion.

"You want some?" I offer him my blunt, figuring it would make him feel better.

His eyes widen and he snatches it out of my hand, "I'm supposed to keep you safe, anything could've happened and I would've been the one paying for it" he analyzes the situation further. He looks over at Tony and shakes his head.

"Calm down, we're just having a little fun", the man tries to make Brandon go along with what we're doing but fails miserably.

"Get up", he grabs me by the arms but I struggle against him.

"No, I want to stay!" I pull away and manage to get the blunt back. I inhale fast until he smacks it out of my hand.

"Listen to me, Elena. You can't run off and do whatever you want. This place isn't as safe as back home." he goes to lift me but stops when he hears the sound of guns ringing out.

"What the hell?", he whispers to himself.

Tony's relaxed body doesn't move a muscle, "They're probably just handling some walkers" he finishes off his blunt.

My intoxicated mind is slow to comprehend the crisis. The feeling of danger is absent but some level of urgency comes to me when I hear Brandon's walkie talkie buzz.

"Rick's group is here, they're locked and loaded," the voice says.

"Elena! We need to get you somewhere safe" he rushes me to my feet and pulls me out of the room and into the hallway.

He looks around frantically and listens for what direction the bullets are coming from, "the basement is our best bet" he mumbles to me but I'm too far gone to be of any help. Everything is blurred.

He brings me down the hall and to a staircase. As we're about to descend a bullet pierces through his right leg, "Fuck!", he cries out then drops to the floor.

My heavy eyelids glance up at see the gunner, "Rick? Is that you?" my mouth eventually forms words.

He lowers the rifle and squint's to get a better look, "You weren't supposed to be here, is Carl here too?" he steps over Brandon's injured body and moves towards me.

"No, he's at the Sanctuary", I hold myself up with the wall until Rick helps me stand "You're fucking high" he sniffs me then rolls his eyes.

"You can't take her!" Brandon manages to speak through the pain.

"Shut up! You're lucky I don't kill you", Rick has mercy on him instead of murdering him. The exact opposite of what my dad would've done.

Rick practically cares me out of the outpost, though I'm not in my right mind I know that this is bad. Rick's group went in with the intent to kill as many people as possible. I could hear screams as I was being brought out of that place.

"Not this girl again", A woman sighs when Rick approaches holding me in his arms.

"I know this wasn't part of the plan but we're not like Negan, I'm not going to kill his daughter. She's innocent in all of this", he lays me inside of their car then continues to talk to the woman.

"We need to get out of here before Negan shows up, he'll find out about this fast since his daughter is here", she paces around.

I eavesdrop on the conversation as the sounds of gunshots slowly cease. The attack is finished, people who I assume are part of Rick's group emerge from the building.

"Everybody get back to Alexandria" he commands the group and they all follow his orders.

Rick joins me in the car and starts the engine. He looks to me in the passenger seat but doesn't say anything. We drive off leaving the satellite outpost destroyed.