three

Spring came around, and so did April, which was Teddy's birth month

Spring came around, and so did April, which was Teddy's birth month. His actual birthday was during Easter week, where the students were given a week break to go back home and spend time with their families, so his friends had decided to have a birthday party for him the week before.

It was held in the Hufflepuff common room with all the Hufflepuffs attending, along with Teddy's close friends from other houses - which was mainly directed toward Nora.

Everyone had been trying to set them up together, even though they knew the pair were mostly flirting - on one side, at least.

Teddy wasn't a coward. He would gladly run in front of a moving bus to save someone he loved, but he was not brave in the fields of love.

Charles MacMillan nudged Teddy's shoulder suggestively. "Your girlfriend's here, Lupin."

Teddy pouted. "She's not my girlfriend, MacMillan. Get your mind out of the gutter."

"Tell that to her," he retorted. "Her mind's always thinking about what's in your pants."

"You're lewd."

"Oh, but you like it when she does it?" Charles pointedly asked.

Teddy looked away from Charles's addressing eyes and looked around for Nora. Charles sighed and grabbed Teddy's shoulders, turning him to the correct direction.

"She's by the door, mate."

Teddy looked at Charles. "Thanks."

"No problem. Now, go get your girl."

"It's not like that," Teddy defended.

But before Teddy could start a conversation with Nora, a certain sixth year Gryffindor beat him to it.

"Oh - hello, Fraser," she greeted.

He smiled down at her. "You look beautiful, Nora."

She smiled and cupped his jaw. "You clean up nice."

"I take well after my father."

"How is the Oliver Wood? Renowned Keeper of the best Quidditch team out there," Nora stated.

"Careful there, Kingsley, or I'll think you're coming for my father," Fraser said, settling his hands comfortably on her waist.

Teddy coughed as she approached the pair. Nora brightened up and walked over to him, hugging him around the waist.

"Happy early birthday, handsome."

Teddy grinned. "Thank you for coming, Nora."

"Anything for my favorite cutie."

Fraser grinned as he walked past the pair, patting Teddy's shoulder. "Your hair's turning pink, Lupin."