seven

A bottle of firewhisky later, and Nora and Teddy were snogging on the Hufflepuff common room couch

"Am I your first kiss?" she asked.

He shook his head. "I kissed this woman named Poppy, but I was little."

Nora wasn't as drunk as Teddy. He drank more than she did because he claimed that he could hold his alcohol well. Really, she was sure he was trying to prove to her that he was a man and not a baby.

"Nora, you're beautiful," he whispered breathlessly.

His hair had turned into swirls of hot pink and pale pink. It looked like a lollipop had been melted over his hair.

She smiled and leaned down to kiss him again. She was sitting on his lap. His hands with on the curve of her back, while her hands were cupping the back of his neck and jaw.

"I like seeing you dazed like this," she whispered. "You're so cute."

She was sure that if his hair wasn't pink already, it would have turned pink at that moment.

"Why've you noticed me?" Teddy asked. "Out of all the available boys in our year..."

"Because I like you. You're kind to me, and it's clear that you don't use me for my body - even though I'm kind of doing that now. Just tell me to stop and I'll stop," she muttered. "I won't do anything to you that you don't want me to do."

Most people thought when someone was drunk and saying things they normally wouldn't say, was them telling the truth without having to worry about the consequences because they weren't thinking.

"No," he whispered, looking up at her. "I want it. I want my first time to be with you."

She grinned. "I'm glad we agree on this matter, Teddy. It would be awfully awkward if you hadn't."

Nora kissed him again before bunching his shirt with her hands and moving him so that his back touched the couch.

"Contraceptive charm," he muttered against her lips.

"Even when you're drunk, you're still responsible."