thirteen

"Teddy, I'm sorry

"Teddy, I'm sorry. I really am. I never meant to hurt you and I know you don't want to hear this right now, but I want you to."

He opened his mouth to interrupt Nora, but she held up a finger.

"Shut up," she ordered. "I really like you, Edward Lupin. I don't care what you think of this. Well, I really do, but at this moment, I just want you to know how I feel and why I did what I did. You, Teddy, are the best thing - person - that's ever happened to me. I don't know when I fell in like with you, but I know how much it hurts when you ignore me. Salazar, I hate that feeling. I hate the effect you have on me. If you ever choose to date or snog another girl, I'll be happy for you - because that's what I have to do so that you can be happy. I want you to be happy, Teddy, and if being friends or associated with me is getting in the way of that, then I won't talk to you anymore."

Teddy's hair turned red and blue at the tips, then pale pink the rest of the way down.

"You're so bloody stupid and oblivious," he spat out. "Helga, you infuriate me."

Nora was taken aback by this. He had never spat out words like that at her in person. He stepped closer to her and gathered up his courage, then kissed her. Once they pulled away, Nora could only blink for a few moments and Teddy shuffled on his feet awkwardly as his hair continued to change into hot pink.

"What was that for?" she asked.

"For being so bloody stupid, but it's also a way to tell you I like you too," he replied.

"You do?"

"I thought you were smarter," he retorted.

Nora rolled her eyes. "I thought you were nicer than this."