Special: His POV

"Yes? Ikaw ba 'yong naghahanap sa akin na sinasabi ni Tiffany?"

That was the first time I met her. I remembered her name because I found her interesting but I never had the chance to talk to her again since I seldom see her around until I saw her in the cafeteria together with Jon. Akala ko nga, sila na, kaya noong nasa dance studio kami ay tinanong ko siya.

"So, you got yourself a girlfriend?" I said after our practice. "I thought you can't handle girls?"

"Wait, si Als—I mean, si Alice ba ang tinutukoy mo?" I nodded but he just sneered at me. "I see her as my sister. Besides . . ."

"Besides what?"

He smirked. "Nothing. Bakit? Interesado ka ba sa kanya?"

I didn't have the chance to answer his question because Jane arrived, or rather, I avoided it by using Jane as an excuse. Ihahatid ko na sana siya sa next class niya pero narinig ko ang pangalan ng kapatid ko mula sa mga estudyanteng dumaan.

"Karla? Stan likes her?"

"Yeah. I saw them—"

"Where?"

The two guys looked at me and they must have recognized me as a Campus Prince. One of them immediately pointed at the building on the right side. I apologized to Jane and ran toward that direction.

Pagdating ko ro'n ay napatigil ako dahil may nakita akong phone na lumipad. The next thing I knew, Stan was already kneeling on the ground, his hand on his head, while Karla was behind someone. Nang makita ko kung sino 'yon ay hindi ko inasahang kaya niyang gawin 'yon.

It was Alice, and she just saved my sister from being pestered.

After that moment, I realized I wasn't just interested in her. I was drawn into her. She was different from the girls around me.

"I kinda like you."

"Nilalandi mo ba ako?" she blurted out.

Those words just slipped out of my mouth but her response left me dumbfounded. And maybe, that was really what I wanted to do.

I don't believe in love and commitment. People change. Their feelings change. Even those couple who vowed to be together during their wedding end up breaking those promises. After what happened to my parents, I realized commitment, even as binding as marriage, isn't an assurance that people's feelings will stay the same.

Hanging out with girls was alright but I made sure I wouldn't get attached . . . until I met Alice. Feelings deeper than a simple attraction meant risking my heart with something I was scared of. She made me want to do something I wasn't used to.

For the first time in years, I was beyond happy. I never felt something like this when I was with other girls. Even though she didn't show any interest toward me, I still wanted her to notice me . . . to fall for me.

I only wanted to show her my good side but during that day, when Mom left us exactly six years ago, it felt like I was a kid again. My fear of getting left behind by someone I love resurfaced and I was scared that Alice would do the same. After all, I wasn't the perfect guy I was portrayed to be.

That day, she seemed uncomfortable with me and that heightened my worry. Maybe I was right. She wouldn't fall for someone like me. If I kept on pestering her, she would surely avoid me.

I focused on studying for our exams for the next few days and didn't contact anyone. However, I was surprised when I received a message from her.

Hi, Kev. Galit ka ba? :(