Chapter 2

Auburn's POV
I sat on top of a building two days after My Encounter with 'Benjamin' watching the flocks of humans get on with their basic, boring lives. So... mundane. Drifted in and out of thought while sitting perfectly still atop a building under the afternoon sun, until my perfect thoughts were ripped away by the sound of movement behind me.

I almost attacked whoever was behind me.Almost being the key word. But I felt my mind and body relax once the familiar scent ,that had been tailing me for over a week now, invaded my senses.

I stayed down at the bustling crowds as he shuffled closer and gracefully swung his legs over the side of the building and sitting next to me. I leaned backwards and looked at him with raised eyebrows.

Benjamin's POV

After I had arrived 'home' after that night two days ago, Amun had spent about 4 hours lecturing me on how I was reckless and stupid or how some one could have seen us. Let's just say It was a long night.

The scarf that she had given me was still stuffed into the pocket of my vest, She was also right in her note, I did know where to find her. I had spent the two days after our... disagreement locked up inside my room, Kebi would give me cups of blood through the door, leaving me with no excuse to get out of the house.

I Finally got out today, Amun doesn't know that though (Thank you Kebi), and I have spent the majority of the day searching for my- for her.

Her scent filled the air around me causing my pupils to dilate slightly at the wonderful smell before I took off at the speed of sound the direction it was strongest. Coming to a stop behind a building where the scent had narrowed into one line leading upwards. I stepped back slightly then propelled myself upwards towards the top of the building, landing softly on the roof.

Her back stiffened slightly, though she probably didn't even notice because it was so slight, then she relaxed again just as quick. I studied her lush brown waves for hair, my dark crimson eyes scanning over her completely before I walked over and sat myself beside her while still giving her space.

After I had sat down she turned to me with raised eyes and I could clearly see a question in her eyes. Where were you? Her eyes seemed to scream at me, causing me to shake my head and simply pull her scarf out of my pocket, offering it back to her.

Auburn's POV

The one thing occupating my mind as he sat down... where was he? It was as if he was realizing what I was thinking when he shook and pulled something silky out of his pocket. I soon recognised it as my scarf making me grin and reach out but instead of taking it, I closed his hand back over it. "Keep it," my voice broke through our silence as he stared at me in shock,"Have something to remember me by." I winked at the end of my sentence playfully causing him to chuckle with me joining him soon after.

Our laughter soon died away, leaving us to fall back into silence but this time we were looking at each other, studying, observing. I ran my eyes over his physically appearance noticing two features, one that I hadn't really noticed and one that my mind subconsciously seemed to notice. One, he wasn't that much older than me, physically of course, probably around the age of 15, once again physically. Two.... He was Hot. I mean he was my type, How did I not realize this sooner?

I continued to scan him but I was checking him out more than studying him now. I think he noticed because when I look back up at his face he is smirking down at me and I swear if I could blush I would be like that one giant dog on that kids Tv show. I quickly glanced away from him and cleared my throat saying,"What convinced you to come find me?" I turned my head back towards him waiting on his answer. He looked me dead in the eye and said," I don't know... We have a connection." I scoffed and shook my head, replying sarcastically," Yeah that's what the last guy said." His eyes widened and he stuttered,"I-I.... Other guy?" I chuckled and waved him off,"Only for sarcastic use, no other guys were used in the making of this comment."

He looked at me strangely for a second before shrugging. We both look away from each other, gazing round at our surroundings. I turned to him once more and asked," Why does he keep you locked away?" As I asked this he turned back to me with furrowed eyebrows,"Who?" I sighed and waved my hands a bit,"You know.... Amoon or,um..Amun! That's it!" He laughed and shook his head before he feel into silence."He doesn't want anyone to know about me... He's afraid the Volturi will try to get me." I nodded along with him, the Volturi are back-stabbing, evil, little bas- 'Keep it PG Auburn .' My mind yelled at me. "Yeah, I can understand the whole Volturi thing, I've done my fair share of hiding aswell."

I looked over to the horizon where the sun had begun to set,'How long have we been talking?" I thought. Before I could ask him this, he interrupted my thoughts asking," Why do you insist on being alone?" I gazed up at him my eyes slightly wide at his words. "That isn't important right now, a different story for a different day," he nodded along and went to ask another question before interrupted him by jumping to my feet. " Sorry our chat has been nice but I'm afraid it's time for my lunch," I offered him a quick wink but before I could dart away he grabbed a hold of my wrist, having also jumped to his feet.

"Wait, I still don't know your name." I smiled at him softly and I turned back to him offering him my hand,"The name's Auburn Walker, 14 years old, or so the humans think." He chuckled and shook mg hand,"Benjamin, 15 years old, so the humans think." He mocks my saying in good humour causing me to laugh. I send him one more smile before darting away.

I hear him sigh softly as I leave,"See you around...Auburn."