Chapter 7

Auburn's POV

Benjamin continued to carry me on his back as Amun toured the house for me. He had shown me all the rooms but he kept walking round the house talking to us.

We walked past Benjamin's room for what was about the 4th or 5th time in the last 30 minutes alone. Amun stopped us and rested his hand on the handle of the door. I stretched my head over Benji's shoulder and raised and eye brow at him with a confused smirk, causing him to laugh quietly in embarrassment.

Amun didn't notice our small exchange and continued on to say," Auburn, this is Benjamin's room." He wiggled his eyebrows at his slightly making Kebi smack his arm. He laughed slightly and wrapped his arm around her waist, placing a soft kiss on her lips.

Both me and Benjamin became major hypocrites, groaning in disgust at the sight. Kebi laughed and shushed us. Benjamin and I burst into laughter." Amun this is the 5th time we have passed my room..."

All four of us headed back to the main hall and Benjamin set me down as we came to a stop. I stood beside him and linked my hand with his, sending him a soft smile before turning to Smile at Amun and Kebi.

"So Auburn I was wondering if I could ask you a few questions? Now dont worry they aren't too personal." I nodded my head at him unsure, squeezing Benjamin's hand.

"Are you part of a coven?" I shook my head smiling politely, even though now that I've see how Benjamin and his family live together in peace, it's strikes a slight nerve.

"Do you have any other attachments to anyone?" Once again I shook my head,"No, I was very much alone until I met Benji." He smiled and nodded at my answer.

"Finally, Do you wish to stay with us? That is the original reason I sent Benjamin after you. Though he was only supposed to be scouting." He gave Benjamin a pointed look towards the end of his sentence, making Benjamin Smile sheepishly and run the back of his neck. Amun turned to me and smiled waiting on an answer.

I contorted my face in thought crunching up my noise for for a few minutes. " I-i can't p-possibly leave Benji can I? So yes I would love to stay with you, if that's alright of course." Benjamin grabbed me by the waist and lifted me into the air in glee, making me laugh at his antics.

I turned back to Amun with gleaming eyes, grinning at him and Kebi. He looked overjoyed, most likely because of my gifts. He opened his arms wide and said," Welcome to the Egyptian Coven, my dear."

Kebi opened her arms to me, mentioning for a hug. I stepped forward into her arms eagerly hugging her back just as tight as she hugged me," I'm happy to finally have another girl around and you make Benjamin very happy." She whispered softly into my ear during our hug, and I nodded to her in thanks.

I turned back to Amun and Benjamin who had moved closer together and seemed to be in a deep discussion. I turned to Kebi with a slightly raised eye brow causing her to shrug before resting a hand on her hip looking at them.

Both men were speaking very lowly, so quiet I couldn't hear them but their conversation began to fade away when they noticed us watching them. They both smiled sheepishly before Amun walked forward resting his hand on my shoulder," I hope you don't mind my dear, but while this is a big house, I'm afraid there is only four bedrooms and we like to keep two guest rooms at all times as we get a lot of visitors. So I hope you don't mind having to share with Benjamin."

I looked over Amun's shoulder at Benjamin and almost laughed at the sight, he was watching me with wide eyes while wringing his hand nervously. I turned my attention back to Amun and agreed ,saying,"Of course, that's no problem at all I'm very grateful to even be welcome here." He chuckled and nodded his head.

"My dear, I know I said my last question was my final but I do wonder if I could ask you another?" I nodded my head in slight confusion until he says,"May I see your powers in person?" I was slightly shocked for a Minute before nodding.

"Alright then if you would please demonstrate y-your ability on Kebi." Kebi's eyes widen slightly before she nods and extends her hand towards me, murmuring,"Does it hurt?" I looked up in too her fearful eyes, before taking her hand and squeezing it in reassurance.

I give her a final smile before letting my mind slip into her memories. I saw flashes of her and Amun, her and Benjamin, her before this life and many other scenes. I stopped at an image of Benjamin controlling water before altering it so the water is crashing down on his head.

She allows a small gasp that was soon followed by a giggle to escape her lips before I remove the memory all together. I can almost feel her confusion as she furrows her eyebrows trying to remember the memory she was just thinking of.

I returned the memory to her before changing it back to it was before I messed with it. I then quickly added one of my own memories to her head, it was of me and Benjamin sitting side by side on top of a building. I left that memory there as a souvenir before slipping back out of her memories.

She looked at me in slight awe before turning to Amun and saying," that was amazing," I turned my own gaze to Amun to see him looking like a giddy school girl or a kid in a candy store. He clapped  his hands together slowly, and said," I think this will work out very well, can you give me the basic run down of your gift?"

I nodded slightly, feeling slightly more confident as Benjamin slips his hand gently into mine, encasing my smaller one in his larger one. " I can remove, add or Alter anyone memories except for shields, but I can mess with their head a little bit giving them flashes of different scenes I've created. It often gives them a headache. My ability is still developing, in a while I should be able to reach out to someone who is half way across a 50 acre field and alter their memories but right now I can only do people who are beside me and that is only for a short time itself."

Amun nodded his head thoughtfully," You will be a very useful asset to the coven, you and Benjamin can train your gifts to become stronger together and very soon you will both be even more amazing."

He grinned happily at us," But for now, you can get settled in." Him and Kebi walked off inthe direction of the kitchen, while I was left standing with Benji. I turned to see him smiling at me.

"What?" Just as I finish, he lifts me up into the air out of excitement, causing me to wrap my legs out of default," We live together... you are part of my coven." I chuckles at his excitement and buried my head into his neck while playing with the hair at the base of his neck," You can't get rid of me now Benji."

He chuckled at me setting me down and wrapping his arms around me with a smirk,"I wouldn't want to."