Chapter 9

Auburn's POV

I felt the familiar warmth trickle down my throat as the last drops of the poor woman's blood escaped her body. I dropped the body to the ground as a scent I wasn't familiar with invaded my nose. I snapped my head in all directions, Benjamin, who was standing watch as I fed, had also caught the same scent as I had. I looked to him and our eyes locked together, I quickly disposed of the body before both of us raced back to the house. 

The scent got stronger as we neared the house making me speed up so I was running at my full speed, I ran in front of Benjamin and instead of going to the front door I made my way round to the back door. He joined me at the back door almost right away. We entered the house from the back, making our way through the kitchen towards the main room, were there was a murmur of voices, we entered the main room standing quietly behind a pillar. As the voices got louder Benjamin linked our hands. We heard an unfamiliar voice with an American accent echo through the room,"Amun Please!" I looked at Benjamin in confusion. 

Amun answered the unfamiliar voice urgently," I cannot help you Carlisle!" Ah, so the American is called Carlisle." I wouldn't ask if it weren't urgent," Carlisle sounded desperate, scared and I felt the need to help him. I went to step forward but Benjamin pulled me back raising a finger to his lips. " You must g-" Amun was cut off by Benjamin Sending the water up blocking the door, which they were heading for.

Benjamin and I both sped out from behind the pillar so that we would be in plain sight once Benjamin lowered the water. I sent him a small smirk as we stood there hand in hand, the practising really paid off, Benjamin spoke up after sending me a smirk of his own in return," We'd like to hear about it." 

He began to lower the water back to the pool, sending the Americans a small smirk as I said,"  We never get to meet any of Amun's friends." The four people across the pool from us watched us closely, the Americans with wide eyes and Amun and Kebi with cautious eyes. The water was now fully settled so Benjamin spoke up," He likes to keep us locked away." I nodded along with his words. 

The male with blond hair, Carlisle I assume, sent us a small smile before saying," I can't imagine why." I smiled back to him and stepped forward out of Benjamin's grip, him letting me go a little reluctantly, I stretched my hand out towards Carlisle," Do you mind?" I looked to Amun quickly for confirmation, him sighing and giving me a small nod in return. 

Carlisle stepped forward letting me take his hand, I slipped into his memories, flicking through until I found one that caught my interest, a little girl only around the age of 6 or 7 and everything was normal except she was drinking blood. I gasped and stepped away from him quickly moving my hands to cover my mouth in shock, within seconds Benjamin was standing in front of me defensively. " Please it's not what you think," I looked at him nervously and instead of taking a hold of the hand he had outstretched, I stayed behind Benji and accessed his mind from where I was standing, I saw the little girl growing, the human flush on her young cheeks, eating human food and her gorgeous brown eyes and I heard her heart beat. 

I slipped out of his mind, looking at him wide eyed," That is spectacular..." The blond American stepped forward with his arm wrapped around the dark haired woman and a smile on his face," I'm Carlisle and this is my mate Esme." I smiled back at him, while Benjamin finally relaxed taking my hand in his and saying," Benjamin a-" I cut him off quickly, sending him a playful smirk," I'm Auburn." 

Amun sighed and rubbed his face walking closer to us," Carlisle I cannot and will not promise that if a fight breaks out I won't take my coven and leave, We are simply witnesses nothing more." Carlisle nodded his head in understanding," I completely understand, I simply wish for your support." Amun nodded curtly before turning to us and saying," What am I gonna do with yous? Head to your room." I smiled at him before me and Benjamin sped off, up the stairs and into our room. 

I sat down on the couch and motioned Benjamin over to me," Let me show you what I saw." He nodded his head and knelt on one knee in front of me and handed me his hand. I smiled before slipping into his memories I added the images of the little girl, Renesme she was called. I pulled out of his mind after I had added all the scenes to his memories he sat in shock for a few moments before saying," We cannot let her die." I nodded in agreement before standing up to change," Hey.. Where you going?" I smiled at him saying," I gotta get changed into clothes that are easier to move in." 

He smirked and pulled me into his chest saying," Well are you up for a little distraction?" Before I could answer he pulled me into a deep kiss that I soon melted into. He made his way to the couch slowly pulling me down with him so I was sitting on his lap and he has his back against the couch, sitting up straight. We continued to kiss for a few minutes before I pulled away and said," That was nice Benji but you can't distract me that easy." He groaned as I stood up and walked to the wardrobe and into it closing the door behind me. I lifted out a pair of black, exercise leggings, a black sports bra and a grey, zip-up jacket for over it. I stripped out of the hoodie and jeans, quickly throwing on my new outfit leaving the jacket unzipped. I slipped on a pair of light guddies so I was matching.

I walked out of the wardrobe looking at the ground with my hands above my head tying my brown locks into a high ponytail. I walked into something hard making me drop my hands and luck up, luckily I had just gotten my hair tied up. I looked up to see Benjamin staring down at me his eyes darker than normal, he set his hands on my waist gripping on to me tightly," God what the hell are you doing to me?" 

I smirked up at him and shrugged before ducking out of his grip and grabbing my duffle bag, I threw in some spare clothes before zipping it up and slipping it onto my shoulder. I looked back at him," Well? Come on then. Let's go."