• chapter 14 •

Chaeyoung's Pov
-

"Yah Chimchim, I'm fine, please stop worrying, I'll probably be back at work tomorrow." I try to soothe the panicked man on the opposite end of the phone.

"Chae, I'm worried, what if you get worse, you're home alone for fuck sake!"

"I'm not a baby Jimin, I can take care of myself, just focus on work, okay?"

"But-"

"But nothing, have a good day, remember your meetings at 12:00 and 4:00."

"Yes ma'am"

"Hmmm I kinda like it when you call me that."

I hear a low chuckle down the other end of the line.

"Oh yeah? Does it turn you on baby?

"Yah Park Jimin! You're at work! Behave yourself." I suppress the giggle that was teasing my lips. "Now seriously, don't worry about me and just focus on work!"

"Yes ma'am."

"Yah Jimin! Stop."

"I thought you liked it baby."

"I'm hanging up now." I disconnected the line, and chuckled lightly.

-

I muttered something about insufferable beings disturbing my day of rest, as I sped towards the door. The bell was being rung innumerable times, contributing to the headache I already had.

Not caring to check my appearance, I strolled rapidly over in a baggy t-shirt and shorts, and most likely the messiest hair ever.

I swung the door open and glared at the recipient of my anger.

"What!"

"Look, I googled your symptoms, you know, fever, headache, chest pains etc. etc. And you may have a fatal disease so, I brought you some ibuprofen, and paracetamol, you can never be too careful, some chicken soup, you need protein to fight off this disease and a Harry Potter movie set, because it's not on Netflix."

I stared at the silly person I called my boyfriend, with a blank expression as he blinked at me.

"Aren't you going to let me in?" I let out a frustrated sigh at the sweet stupid man in my doorway.

"Chim you have important meetings and appointments today, and you're telling me, that you cancelled them all to come here with medicine, soup and the frickin set of Harry Potter films!"

"...yes"

"Jimin-ie, you pabo! If I wasn't so ill I'd kiss you!"

"Oh I really don't care." He lunged at my lips, but I dodged him, and just hugged him instead. Laughing as he held me in an embrace.

"Baby, I can't afford to get you ill too. My days, you're so silly." I chuckle, and he uses one hand to lift me up, carrying all the goodies in his other.

"Promise me you won't send me back to work, it's miserable without you, I'm so bored."

"Yah! Are you 5 years old? It's your job dummy. Boredom isn't an excuse to skip."

He laid me down on the sofa, and covered me with the blanket that was propped up on the arm chair.

He kisses my forehead, before heading towards my TV, to put on the Philosophers Stone, "Chae, you've made work bearable for me, you brighten up my day. Of course I'm proud of my company but now, without you, it just feels empty"

"Jimin you're so cheesy." I use the blanket to cover my rosy face, as I feel the blood suddenly rush to my cheeks.

"Don't pretend like you don't like it." He saunters over to the kitchen counter and takes out a bowl, pouring the contents of the flask full of soup into it. I watch him closely, paying no attention to the film that had started rolling.

I stare, as he places the bowl on a tray that he took from one of the cupboards. He then proceeds to cut up some fruit, and place it next to the mochi he had bought with him (as he knows it's my favourite) which placed on a small plate.

I watch as his tongue sticks out as he carefully manoeuvres the tray as not to spill any of its contents and places it on the coffee table in front of me. He rushes back to the kitchen to bring a glass of water over and I can't help but plaster the widest grin on my face.

"What's up with you Miss.Smiley?" He snickers as I maintain that same big smile.

"You could live here." I almost blurt out

"Huh?" He seems a little startled at my bold comment.

"I mean with how well you know my place and all. You know where everything is, you know exactly what I like, and you're round here constantly. I'm only joking, don't worry but... it's all still true."

"What if I did... bring some stuff here?"

"Wait, really?"

"I mean, it wouldn't be anything permanent, but it would be a start right? I mean I'm round here enough and if that's what you want too, then..."

"What about your massive mansion of a home?"

"That's not going anywhere and you could bring some stuff over. Just so we can stay round each other's for longer periods of time, right?"

"Are you serious?"

"I've never been more serious in my-"

"Yah, too cheesy, just say yes!"

"Yes" he chuckled, as I lunged myself at him and hugged him as tightly as I could.

We stayed snuggled on my couch for what felt like an eternity, as the Harry Potter series played on the TV. I ate all the food that had been so perfectly presented to me, I could say I've never felt happier to be ill.

My eyelids began to feel heavy during the fifth film, so I allowed them to close. I felt Jimin's chest rise and fall, and I smiled a small smile to myself, so contented with the man who's arms were wrapped around me.

"Chae?" Jimin whispered, and before my brain could register a response he began to speak again, "I guess you're asleep. I will gain the confidence to say this to you one day but, I think I'm falling for you, harder than you are for me. I've never left work for anyone before, I've never felt so completed by someone, so understood. Fuck, I mean, I've never been this damn whipped."

I suppress the giggle that wants to escape, as I listen to the rest of his speech.

"Maybe it's too soon to say anything and I know you already have my name, Park, I mean it's cute it's like we're already married with the same surname and all but, one day, in the future, I don't know... I just see us, together, married, with children, I can picture it all, with you."

I heard him sigh, and I didn't say anything, instead I moved to kiss his cheek, and I saw his eyes widen with shock.

"There's no way you're falling harder than I am Jimin."

"Yah, Park Chaeyoung! Why didn't you stop me!"

"It was so cute! I couldn't help it." His cheeks were red as he looked at me in disbelief and embarrassment. He stifled a smile eventually, meeting the one on my own face.

"I did mean it though, every word." He scratches the nape of his neck.

And even though the illness was very much still in me, I couldn't resist myself, in that moment, I just had to claim his lips. Because they were made to be mine.

-

A/N:
I barely changed this chapter lol
I kinda like it and also don't
Ah well
We move
Hope you enjoyed