• chapter 22 • BRAND NEW

Chaeyoung's Pov
-

For what felt like the first time in a long time I felt genuinely happy again. Work no longer felt like a burden, I was smiling smiles that reached my eyes and I was in love with a man whom I truly care for.

"I'm happy Jimin got his head out of his ass and sorted him and that crazy bitch of an ex out." Lisa snorted as we strolled into the office, arms chained together as we walked.

"Hopefully now, I'll never have to deal with her again! But what about you, you told me you had some news." She looked around cautiously making me furrow my brows in suspicion, "Are we being watched or?"

She yanked me behind her desk at reception and sat me down in the chair adjacent to hers.

"You cannot tell anyone, not a soul, not even your fishes, I know you Park Chaeyoung."

"I swear on my small yellow fishy's grave, I won't tell a soul."

"Okay...the reason I had been off with Jungkook was because I had a pregnancy scare, shhhh I know," her hand clasps around my mouth before I even get to squeal, "he didn't handle things too well but he begged me to the point where I'm giving him a second chance. I'm going on a date with him tomorrow and oh look at the time you're going to be late, bye-bye Chae!"

Before I can even respond she wheels me out of reception and pushes me towards the elevator and runs off. Aishhh this girl!

My head clouded with questions, I press the elevator door, only to welcome my beautiful boyfriends face.

"Hey Ji-"

"We're leaving."

"Yah!" I'm practically dragged out of the building as he grasps my wrists and leads the way to the exit. What is up with people pushing and pulling me about today?

"Yah! Park Jimin!"

"Ne?" He said with a little smirk on his face.

"I don't know if you didn't know this, but our office is that way." I point firmly towards the building we just left.

"But our dates this way." He says extended his arm to intertwine our fingers.

"Yah! We can't just leave work!" I chuckle as he continues to guide me to wherever we're going.

"Yes we can. I'm the boss." I scoff at his smugness and roll my eyes.

"What about all your meetings?"

"I moved them."

"What about the work we have to do today?"

"Tomorrow's problem."

"What about if people need you?"

"I told everyone I was working out of office. Look Chae, I haven't properly made up for what a dickhead I was," He halts to face me and hold my waist, "please let me make it up to you?"

How can I say no? How can I resist? His plump lips pushed into a pout. His twinkling eyes searching mine. His hands that move softly against my waist reassuringly. How can I turn this man down?