In form of stars

"Only if you are ready,Ella," I whispered in her ear softly.
She looked at me then sat straight Closed to me taking a pillow in her lap.

"William, when you asked me that question?
I was shocked and afraid that how can you read me like that when we both know each other from few months.
But after what happened today, I think you deserve to know about....me." She sighed.

"When I was 11 my mom died.
she had life threatening disease called cancer. That time I didn't know what cancer was. After her death I wanted my father by my side but he wasn't there for.......My father is a well known business man.
He became busier day by day, So He hired a nanny to look after me. But after Some time I moved with my aunt Emily."She said tucking her hair and looking at her hands.
"My Father send money for me monthly but he never came to meet me once.
I always waited for him on my birthday.
When I turned 17 I moved with him again. Even though I was living with him, he never spend time with with me. I moved out with Alex until I found my own place.
I already gave up on my dad but I still hope that he understands me."She said almost crying.
I moved closer to her, putting my hand around her and wrapping her in a hug.
She put her one hand on my chest, and wrapped her other hand around my neck.

"The guy you saw today, his name is Derek and he is kind of my boyfriend, we started dating since last October . His dad is business partner with my father." She sigh..

Wait did she just said that, that guy Derek is her boyfriend and they are dating?
A pang of jealousy hit me. A girl like her dating the jerk who can't even treat her better, is her boyfriend.
After a silence....
I spoke " D..do you love him?" I hesitated.
She tilted her head up, "No I don't." She replied looking at me then looked down.
"If you don't mind me asking..then why are in relationship him if don't love him?" I asked nervously.
She laughed, "Do you know you just sounded like Alex?!,
"He always tells me that I should break up with Derek and find someone else, some one...."
she stopped. Her expression changed into sadness.

"Some one?" I asked looking at her.

"Some one who brings good out of me,......makes me happy , .....teach me how to be happy again and .....:support my dreams and encourage me to make it happen." She said in gloomy

"You know what Ella?, let's not talk about sad things.I have something to show you." I said in cheery tone.
"What?" She giggled.
"See for yourself, I replied sarcastically.
I took her in the garden.
"Fireflies!," She said in excitement.
"So you wanted to show me fireflies?" She said while trying to catch some fireflies.

"Partially that, and I want you take your mind off your life and enjoy this moment." I said walking toward her.
"Do you have any interesting story related to fireflies?" She asked admiring a fire fly.

"You know once upon a time, when there was serious drought and darkness surrounded the a beautiful forest.
The king of animals lion tried save his subjects but one by one they started to die..... in the end Elephant suggested that they need to find water.
But they needed something or someone to lead the way. Metaphorically...."

"Light in the darkness!" She added.

"Yes!... light in the darkness...so fireflies came forward to help. I continued.
....Fireflies divided themselves in different directions. So they can find water easily this way.
They made plan that whoever find the water, must inform immediately to other animals. Even though they were ready to help their people but they aware of the fact that they can loose their life.
After roaming for months in search of water one firefly found water. She immediately went to inform others. She was thirsty herself but she didn't drink a single drop of water. She informed the other but died herself of thirst. Her body was laying on a leaf of a plant. That leaf separated from the plant and floated on the water. And other fireflies met each other At some point after their live, in form of stars." I softly smiled.
.................
"Wow, that was deep!" She sat closed to me putting her head against my shoulder.
"I never thought like that.," she said lifting her head but stroking my arm Gently.
"If I have to meet my mom then I have to di-
I quickly put my finger on her lips..before she could finished her sentence.
"Ella never think like that—ever!. There are people who loves and care about you, Your aunt,Alex and Emma."
I said in almost in anger and fear.

"And what about you?" She asked softly removing my finger and taking my hand into her hand.
"I-I-I care about you too Ella," I hesitated as she caught me off guard.
She remained silent for a minute or so.
"William you shouldn't care about me," she stood up and started to walk.

I almost run and grabbed her hand and pulled closed to me.

"Why Ella..? Are you afraid? I whispered in her ear.

"It's already late William we should go and sleep." She said removing my hand around her waist.
I didn't stop her. She went back to Alex's room and slept there.
I head toward my room and start working on my plan to go home. I was lost for some time but now I am focused to go back home. And I can't stay here even if I have....Feelings for her. She's doesn't belong in my world. And I don't belong in her world...I have to find                               The Bridge of Time to go back.