Hide

"Morning, sleepyhead!" Alex said in cheery voice.
"Alex what the hell, its early in the morning,I want to sleep more and please don't disturb me." I said putting pillow on my face.

"Oh no no, i have prepared breakfast for us. And I also have something to announce." He said snatching the pillow.

"Alright I will be there in 5!" I said rolling my eyes.
"You better!" He replied.

I quickly freshen up and head straight dining table. Ella was sitting there and was looking at her phone.

"Alright folks, attention ,please today I am going to announce that...."

Ella put her phone on the side of table and focused her all attention to Alex.
"That I am engaged !!!!!!!" He said showing beautiful sliver band ring on his finger with a smile.

"Oh my god,!!!!! Congratulations, I am so happy for you." Ella quickly stood up and hugged him tightly.
"Thanks El!!!! He said hugging her.
"Congratulations, Alex!" I hugged him.
"Thank You William" he replied with smile.

"So when are you getting married Alex?" She asked sitting beside him.

"In two weeks!" He replied.

"You mean on New Year's Eve!" She exclaimed in surprise.

"Yup! Actually we were planning to get married on Christmas but then we both are busy that day." He said while eating.

"Busy?" Ella asked.
"Oh my god Ella don't tell that you forgot about the Christmas gala in banquet."

"Oops sorry I forgot!!!! She said.

"I knew it!" Alex lightly slammed the table.

"Guys,am I missing here something.?" I asked while sipping coffee.

"I guess...well the Christmas gala is a charity event. Which is organized by Mr. Heartily's company since 8 years." Alex said while putting his plate in sink.

"Oh..I see," I replied.

"Okay Alex I will go back to my apartment, I will see you and Benjamin later for shopping."
Ella said while taking her jacket from the hanger.

"Alright be on time and I will send you the address," he said while washing dishes.

"Alex..... It's strange that Ella didn't remembered her own father's event." I said in confusion.

"Oh.. she... her father and she is not in good terms. They don't get along." He replied as he dried the dishes.

"I never asked how you guys met and became best friends?." I asked curiously.

"Well, I am two year older than her, when I was eleven I met her in elementary. At first we didn't talk much but On a field trip when her grade and my grade students went, we sat next to each other.
"We started our conversation like kids do. Favourite tv shows etc etc.....
On that bus ride we find so much in common between us...after that trip we started to hung out after school. And used play and watch tv shows.

She used to be fun loving and most cheerful person I would have known. 
But after her mother died, she became completely opposite." He said sorrowfully.

"Then My family moved here and she moved with her aunt." He said.

"You know I never seen friendship like you guys have," I said with a smile.

"Thanks William,"

"Anyway, are you free today by chance?" He asked.
"I am...not sure Alex," I said pausing.

He stared at me for a minute.

"Well if you're not free then make..... yourself....available!" He said in serious tone.