Chapter 9: Heartbeat

(Y/N) POV

Seven and I make it to my house.
I don't want him to see me like this. I want them to see me as happy and carefree, not an emotional mess.
"Here, let me get the door for you." Seven says as he opens the front door.
I hope he doesn't want to talk about what just happened.
"I wanna talk about what just happened, (Y/N)."
FUCK.
"Seven, it's not a big deal. I'm just tired," I say as i throw my back down onto the ground and throw myself on to the couch.
"Seven, why do you leave school randomly..? Why do you have extra jobs, why are you so...secretive..?" I ask.
He freezes.
"I..I..It's a secret~!" He says as he turns around with a smile.
"So you're not gonna tell me, right?" I ask.
"It's not that I don't trust you, (Y/N). I don't need you getting in danger."
The excited tone and smile on his face makes it seem like no big deal.
"Well..if you won't tell me...can you at least tell me if you've found anything about the weird messages..? Or tell me why you asked me about walking into someone?" I ask.
"I haven't found anything about the messages. It's as if the data has completely disappeared...and about the other thing, I was asking because..I want to make sure you're okay. You know weird people and human trafficking these days.." He replies.
He finally sits down on the rocking chair across from me.
"Now, answer one of my questions," he says.
Oh no.
"Can you tell me about this "Ray" you ran into again?" He asks.
"Well, he had this kinda white hair. The tips of his hair looked like a faded pink. I didn't get a good look at him, since it was foggy but I know he was wearing a mask over his mouth. He dressed kinda like a hot topic reject," I said, trying to lighten the mood.
"I see..his eyes..what color were they..?" he asks. Is he serious? I'm kind of confused, but I remember those eyes.
"They were bright green. Almost like a faded neon. They almost looked like they glowed.."
His eyes widened.
He quickly stopped himself and smiled.
"Just curious." He said.
"Anyway, you're tired, huh? I'll go grab you a soda so you can relax, alright?" He said with a grin.
He left quickly. I layed down. I felt my energy completely drain.
I still thought of his eyes.
Ray's eyes.
They looked soft and kind but sinister and deceiving.
Seven's eyes.
They are kind, gentle, look as if he's always happy. Then, they are worried and tired and full of dread.
I don't know...something just feels off.
When I'm around Seven, I feel curious. I feel..excited about waking up in the morning and my heart skips a beat when I'm around him.

??? POV

"Curiosity killed the cat, (Y/N)."

707 POV

I grab the sodas and walk back to her house.
She asked so many questions..Damn.. I can't answer them completely.
I sigh.
As I make it back to her house I see russling in the bush by the window.
"Hmm.." I head to the bush.
Thump.
Thump.
Thump.
Keep it together, Luciel. You deal with this shit all the time.
...
There's absolutely nothing in the bush.
Well, I guess you can never be to cautious.
Especially if you are a walking time bomb.

??? POV

"..Shit...that was close."
That damn red head almost caught me. That scum.
"Soon, boy, you will know exactly what pain is. It's not eating too many bags of chips or being a clown, it's the feeling of dread that hangs over you. It's the feeling of deja vu. A bad dream you can't wake up from..."
"Just you wait, Saeyoung."
I shiver as I say his name.
-----------------------------------------------------------
^^
^^
¬¬;
Okay! Thanks 4 reading ;';
I'm trying to update regularly but I'm an emotional mess. Le shrug.
Later!
~Lex has left the chat.