Chapter 12: Rewind

Ayy its rewind time
Ohh that's hot
Okay, now lets start this chapter~
707 POV

I haven't slept. I feel so damn guilty. It looks like (Y/N) saw it..
I'm worried about her. She panicked and left school in such a hurry...I'm glad I got her home safely at least.
She wouldn't tell me why. It's obvious from the bags under her eyes that she was tired, but I don't think that's the reason she ran home in such a hurry.
Her eyes always look clouded over.
It's Spring and she doesn't dress like it.
Hell, it feels like summer and she wears oversized sweaters and long sleeved shirts.
I think I know what's wrong. I wish I could be wrong but I know the signs far too well.
I lived that.
I sigh and shuffle around in bed. I can't get comfortable. My alarm goes off.
It's 6 in the morning.
I gotta get up for school. I didn't sleep.
I need to go pick up (Y/N).
I..I want to apologize, but I can't. They are already targetting her. I'd rather her hate me than lose her. She deserves someone better..
What am I saying? Did I really try to have romantic feelings? Fuck.
I can't have that.
                        ~flashback~
"Agent 707, you need to focus," Vanderwood says.
"I know, Miss," I reply.
"This is serious. You're looking at your phone again. What, did you fall in love? Are you messaging someone?" he says, just as serious as before. There isn't a hint of joke in his voice.
My face goes pale. Did I really have feelings for (Y/N)?
"You know we can't have relationships. We aren't worth that much." He says.
"I-I know I just-"
"No, Agent 707, you don't. Do you know what happens when you make an enemy or someone finds out you work for the agency or you miss a deadline? Usually the loved one gets it," he says.
"Yeah. I know," I reply.
I don't know if it's right to tell him that (Y/N) is already being targeted. What if he tells the boss and assumes I need to get the "special brainwashing".
I can't go through that.
             ~End Flashback~
I get up from bed and throw on some clothes. I won't talk to her. I'll walk her to school and go home. I have work to do. I'll just forge a doctor's note again. That's a perk of being a hacker at a big agency.
It's probably the only good perk.
I guess being alive is one too.
Even if being alive isn't a guaranteed perk.
As I approach her house I see her standing on the porch. She's still in her pajamas.
She turns and sees me and gives a little smile.
"Sorry, I tried to message you, but it looks like you didn't see it so I decided to tell you when you came by. I'm sick so I'm gonna stay home today," (Y/N) says.
I nod and turn around, back to my house.
"Are you not going to school?" she asks.
"Sick. Can't." I reply.
She looked like she hasn't slept.
I gotta be short with her. She doesn't mean anything to me.
Emotions are temporary.
As I get home, I check my mailbox like I do every morning.
There's only one thing in there.
It reads:
"You are not invited to paradise."
It's weird..
Then I turn it over.
I drop in as soon as I see it.
The Mint Eye logo.
I should log in the chat for a minute and see if anyone else got a letter. I can't have a big agency like Mint Eye attacking my friends.
[707 has entered the chat.]
Jaehee Kang: Did anyone else receive a weird letter in the mail?
707: What did it say Jaehee
Jaehee Kang: "You are formally invited to paradise. See you soon." It had a weird eye symbol on the back.
Jumin Han: I received one as well.
(Y/N): Holy shit, me too.
Yoosung Kim: me too
Zen: I got one too. What does this mean?
[707 has left the chat.]
That answers my question. I got a bad feeling about this.
Time to hack into Mint Eye. Let's see what's in store for me.
______________________________________
Oh my
For clarification, mint eye (in this story) is another agency like 707's.
Rika did date V and "commit suicide." (Like in the game).
And...that answers some things about this AU I'll add more if I think anything needs clarifying.
If you're confused on anything, just drop me a comment.^^ Thanks! Hope you enjoy this story!
Lex has left the chat.~