Ch deux

I stared at the folder I held, briskly reading the information. Daniel Pierce sat in front of me at the ding table with an exasperated look on his face as he explained the talents of his daughter.

Mavison Pierce was apparently an insolent rich kid with no regard for her safety. I had dealt with her type before in my job. Hell her type was the only type. 

"I swear I won't let her out of my sights sir." 

He actually laughed at me. I was 25 and had began training to be a bodyguard when I was 18 and had actually been one for the last 5 years. In all my time working no one had ever so blatantly laughed in my face.

"I mean no disrespect Spades but Mavi is pretty clever. I have set out the rules in that folder as well as other necessary information.

I nodded. Clever my ass. There was no picture of her in the folder and I was curious.

"When can I meet ..."

CRASH glass goes flying across the corner of the room and the guard nearest ducks. I stand up but Mr Pierce seems unfazed.

"Josh send for my daughter will you." He asked the surprised guard and he nods before walking out. He then asks a maid to carefully clean up the glass. And makes a note to replace the window. There are four other guards in the room.

The doors open and in walks Josh and Mavison. I swallow and stiffen in my seat. She had long black hair the color of midnight cascading down her back and fair skin that stood out in stark contrast. 

"Care to explain Mavi." She walks in and yawns but you could easily tell it was fake. Her face was picture of innocence and I swallowed again when I caught site of her big blue eyes.

"But father dearest whatever do you mean. I haven't left my room since yesterday."

"We both know you did."

"But I wouldn't dare because it is clearly stated in the rules that my curfew is 12 and I would never break a rule."

A few of the other guards in the room snickered. And Daniel glared at them.

"Leave us." The other guards left the room.

She didn't even spare me a glance as if she couldn't care less.

"Mavi meet your new and last guard Hunter Spades."

"Super"

"Look Mavi, I have all faith in Hunter so I wouldn't count on sneaking out easily."

"Well it wouldn't be fun if it was." She grinned sharply up at the two of us and for the first time looked at me. I stared at her and the ice depths of her eyes.

I was big. Not only was I 6'5 but I also had the shoulders of a quarter back. She was shorter and I stood up to greet her. She must have been around 5'4. Even through her black over sized hoodie, I could see the curve of her breasts.

And even through the dark black denim of her jeans I could see the roundness of her ass which I tried not to stare at as she turned around and headed to the kitchen not even glancing at the hand I stuck out.

Brat

Not even a second later she stuck her head out of the kitchen door and looked straight at me.

"First tip Ranger Rick is that your first mistake is letting me out of you're sight." Her voice was as clear as her eyes.

I looked to Daniel for confirmation and he nodded.

"She is officially yours Spades."

I followed Mavi into the kitchen and we passed by a woman who was groaning on one of the counters in the kitchen.

"Rough night Kate." The girl waved her hand in a odd motion in the air.

"Want some tea." The girl did another gesture that was a bit different. Mavi laughed and it was a sound I wanted to hear again. She turned around and I realized I had been standing in the middle of the kitchen like an idiot.

I quickly move to the corner of the room and seep into the shadows like I was taught. I had never been great at talking and it was fortunate that I rarely had to with this job.

A man probably in his early fifties came in and gave Mavi a burning glare in the side of her head.

"Give it back."

"I don't know of what you speak of Max."

He just continued to glare until she turned around after handing the hung over girl some tea. They stared at each other for a long moment. She shoved a hand under and up her hoodie before grabbing something and yanking down.

A black walkie-talkie. She handed it over and I saw it in her eyes then when she rose an eyebrow at as if challenging me to stay. She was clever and reckless but she also needed a firm hand.